November 24, 2013

Things that were missed

Apparently I am not a very good multi-tasker. I can only give one thing in my life my attention. The past 3 months Eva has obviously gotten 100% of my attention and along with that comes a lot of mommy guilt, of course. It’s ok though, because I’ve promised myself that I will make up for it all next year! So, here are the things that were missed during this time…

~Aidan’s Birthday~

Can I really be blamed for this one? His birthday was the day after Eva was born! He opened his presents in my hospital room right after he saw his baby sister for the first time and transport took her to Primary Children’s.

IMG_2123

*Side Note*

Another thing that happened on that day-When Rich was bringing the kids up to my room to meet Eva before she was transported, Maya fell and hurt her thumb. We were worried that she might have broken it so he took her in to get an x-ray.

IMG_2001

No break, just a sprain. Could we stuff any more excitement into that day?

Back to Aidan…Rich made it up to him by taking him out, a few days later, for ice cream, a movie and then to play games.

IMG_2014 IMG_2028

Next thing we missed?

~Maya’s Birthday~

Maya turned 5 on September 22. This is where having the worlds most amazing family-in-law comes in. I was totally and completely overwhelmed with Eva coming home and everything that came along with her so my AMAZING sister-in-law, Julie, took my girls in for a month. Rich flew Maya and Arabella out to Missouri and that is where they had the time of their lives and bonded with their cousins.

Julie went above and beyond for Maya’s birthday, throwing a killer party with all of her cousins.

Making a Kirby pinata!

IMG951541

IMG_2126

Birthday morning

IMG_2120

Amazing birthday cake made by Aunt Julie!

IMG_2192

Wow!

IMG_2123

IMG_2156

My cute 5 year old!

IMG_1565

 

~Rich’s Birthday~

With Rich’s mom’s help we were able to make it a special day. We made his favorite tacos for dinner and then had ice cream cake.

DSC_3331

This is part of Rich’s gift from me:D Let me preface this by saying that one of the rules that Rich had to promise to follow in order for me to agree to him getting a motorcycle was that he could only ride it on base. Call me mean but I didn’t marry the guy for him to die on a motorcycle!

photo-5

Next

~Halloween~

Ok, So we didn’t actually miss this one but I never blogged about it. We had a really fun halloween between the base party, our ward trunk or treat and Halloween night trick-or-treating.

DSC_3374

DSC_3379

DSC_3382

Everywhere we went we heard, “Mom! Dad! It’s Scooby Doo!”

DSC_3383 DSC_3384

Other than those big events, I didn’t miss a ton of other stuff. My biggest regret is that I didn’t pick up my camera more. They all grow up so fast that just 3 months of not capturing their growth felt like an eternity. I love my stressful little blessings. They make my heart happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed