January 15, 2016

Maya’s heart

Maya has a heart of gold and something just happened that I don’t ever want to forget. Aidan came to me and told me that he didn’t want his Pokemon cards anymore. I told him that it was fine and that he could give them to Maya if he wanted to. He went straight to his room and got them. Maya was in her room and a few seconds later I heard her say “No!” Then, I heard them back there talking for a bit. I went to see what was going on and found Maya in tears! I asked her why she was crying and she responded, “Aidan gave me his Pokemon cards and it’s just too much. He’s just doing too much for me.” I explained to her that he didn’t want them anymore and she still was crying because she felt overwhelmed by what she saw as a sacrifice for Aidan. I love her heart so much!

 

Story #2- When we were at Disney in Hong Kong we went on a “Cars” ride that was a 3 seater with only one driver and Rich and I had to be in each car. Aidan, Maya and Arabella all wanted to drive but we could obviously only have 2 drivers so we did rock, paper, sissors. We warned them that there was no crying and that the loser would get to do something else special. Arabella won against both of them so her spot was secure. When it came down to Aidan and Maya, Maya won and Aidan immediately began to cry. Without hesitation Maya said, Aidan can drive! She wanted to drive but she didn’t want Aidan to be sad. Maya was born knowing that when you do something nice for someone else you feel good in your heart. She was born this way!!! What a blessing she is to our family.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love this! It is so amazing they gifts they come down to earth with, and I think it is such a tender mercy when we as parents can recognize them!

jeni said...

She is the sweetest thing!!!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed