May 1, 2016

G-Ma Josie in Okinawa

My momma came for a long visit! I can’t believe we are already almost 3 weeks into her 2 month visit.

DSCF0134

Her 1st week was rough because she made the mistake of going to bed at 4:30pm. Here she is when she woke up, eating breakfast at midnight.

IMG_2093-2

Even though she was tired she got right to it and made us all what we’ve been craving…tortillas!

DSCF0135

The kids LOVE “helping” make them.

DSCF0136

DSCF0147DSCF0148

Her first weekend here we went to the theater and watched The Jungle Book.

IMG_2099IMG_2098

Then we went to the mall for lunch and some melon pan ice, yum!

DSCF0140

That weekend we also celebrated my 34th bday! Rich was the sweetest and made me a delicious cake from scratch. He felt so bad that it completely fell apart when he was taking it out of the pan but his effort and thought made it my favorite bday cake ever! I’m not gonna lie and say we didn’t all have a good laugh at it though, haha!

IMG_2120

Baker Sunday selfie!

IMG_2112

We also got some serious deep cleaning done.

DSCF0154

DSCF0156

Once my mom adjusted to the time difference we started venturing out more. We hit up the banana stand for some fresh fruits and veggies.

DSCF0149

DSCF0150

We’ve been taking regular walks on the Habu trail.

DSCF9006

Her second weekend here we spent the day at the Kadena Marina beach.

DSCF0161

DSCF0162

 

The big kids went off snorkeling and swimming with dad while Eva, my mom and I stayed on the beach playing.

DSCF0166

DSCF0182

This cute little girl came up to Eva and asked her to get on her board so she could take her for a ride.

DSCF0174

DSCF0171

DSCF0173

It was a fun first 2 weeks but we were just getting warmed up for the 6 weeks to follow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed