August 2, 2016

I should have knocked on wood…

I’d just like to quote from the post I made last night about Maya. “Poor Maya just has the worst luck in general. If something is going to happen it’s most likely going to happen to Maya.” I’m thinking I really should have knocked on wood.

Our front door is dangerous! Maya was standing outside when Aidan opened the door and it nearly took off her toenail. Poor thing was writhing on the ground when I got to her and took a really long time to calm. I carried her upstairs and immediately gave her ibuprofen. I was trying so hard not to freak out but the closer I looked at her toe the worse it looked. I rinsed it with saline and covered it with a pain relieving antibacterial ointment. Rich happened to be on his way home for lunch and after he had a look at it we decided we should probably take her in to the clinic for our pediatrician to check it out. Dr. Boggs rinsed it some more and tried to pull a big chunk of skin out from under her toenail that was pushed under by the force of the door. It was way too painful and Maya was not tolerating it well so she left it alone after working on it for a few minutes. We are hoping it just heals itself up nicely.

She’s doing so much better now and even running around a bit. She’s a tough cookie! I’m seriously hoping for much better luck for my sweet girl from here on out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed