May 26, 2017

Happenings & Mother’s Day

It is almost the end of the school year and we are hanging on by a thread. This time of year is kind of torture because everybody else is already out of school, but since we get a late start to the year we don’t get out until mid July! The last month is never ending. We just keep moving forward, trying to make it to the freedom of summer. Meanwhile, Eva and I enjoy our errand runs, park days and lunch dates.
 
IMG_5971
 
Here we were at the USO paying our road taxes and I had given her my phone to watch something while we waited. She sat down and crossed her little legs like a lady, it was SO CUTE! I wanted to take a picture but she had my phone so I couldn’t. I couldn’t handle the cuteness and wanted to freeze this moment in time so I asked her if I could borrow my phone. When she noticed I was going to take a picture, she gave me this smile! I love my little lady!
 
IMG_6001
 
This is the result of Eva “braiding” her hair.
 
IMG_5922
 
Rich bought her this necklace at Hong Kong Disney and this is how she wears it.
 
IMG_5866
 
Maya had a cultural feast at school and wanted to bring homemade flour tortillas. I made a million mini tortillas and refried beans to make little burritos. They took forever but everybody loved them and I am so proud to be able to make tortillas just like my mom taught me.
 
IMG_5848 IMG_5847
 
IMG_5850
 
IMG_5851
 
IMG_5859
 
Park Day at Kin Springs
 
IMG_5996 IMG_5992
 
IMG_5984
 
This Mother’s Day Rich and the kids made me feel so special. I woke up to a special surprise.
 
 
We went to church and then took some pics afterward.
 
DSCF4213
 
DSCF4218
 
DSCF4234
 
My sweet friend and neighbor, Laura, brought me flowers and a gift. She said that I have been a second mom to her baby girl, Penny, and she wanted to thank me on Mother’s Day. When you are far from family and miss out on loving on your own nephews and nieces, you adopt your friends babies and love them like family.
 
IMG_5869
 
Last weeks Baker Sunday Selfie
 
IMG_5965
 
Twinners!
 
IMG_6018
 
Training them up!
 
IMG_5878
 
IMG_5876
 
I’m behind, as usual, on blogging our adventures, but that doesn’t keep Rich from planning our next trips! Tomorrow, we are heading out on a ferry to Kumejima for 2 days!!! Excited for that and even more excited for our trip coming up in 2 weeks!
 
IMG_5893-1
 
Adventures never end when you are married to Rich and I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed