June 21, 2008

Aidan's Voice!!

Yes, it's true!!! Aidan now has a voice. We went in on Thursday June 5th and got a passy muir valve that goes over his trach which allows air in his trach but forces it out of his mouth past his vocal cords. It was such an exciting moment. I started crying the second they put it on because I could hear the air coming out of his mouth. It took him a minute to make sound because he didn't realize he could. I took this video when the speech therapist stepped out of the room. This captured the moment he discovered his voice.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Thanks so much for posting this video! WOW!! How exciting that Aidan has a voice. We have waited so long to hear it! It's a great voice! Another milestone in Aidan's life story!

Amy said...

oh my goodness that is amazing! My eyes got teary eyed! What a huge hurdle! The next time we see him he will be so different and so big! And you look cute pregnant no matter how big you get!

Martha Perez said...

I love him so much!!!!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed