September 27, 2008

Maya is here!

Maya Silveria Baker
September 22, 2008
8:33 a.m.
8 lbs. 2 oz
18"

Isn't she beautiful!
I started having strong contractions at around 1 a.m. Monday so we headed to he hospital, checked in, begged for an epidural and then just 7 hours later after half of a push I had my little Maya in my arms!

Out of fear, my first question when she came out was "Is she breathing?" She was! What a miracle she is. She is perfectly healthy and even took to nursing just minutes after being born.

Here she is with her proud daddy who hasn't stopped adoring her since he laid eyes on her. She is already a daddy's girl.

And Maya's proud big brother sat patiently in his pack-n-play during the whole thing. He was so good. He was a hit with all of the nurses. One of them even took him for a stroll in the hall.

We came home just 3 days ago and have been having a great time. Aidan is getting used to Maya. He gets really excited to see her after he wakes up from his naps. He still doesn't understand that he has to be soft with her so I have to keep a pretty close eye on him. I can already tell that he really does love her. I love being at home with my sweet boy AND girl.

4 comments:

Meg Barry said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous. I love how much hair she has, you can do ponytail right away. I am glad that Aiden is enjoying her.

nbarnes2 said...

Congratulations! I've patiently been waiting for a post of the news. She's gorgeous and really looks a lot like Aiden. Was he in the room when you delivered?

M. said...

CUTE! congrats, I LOVE the name :)

RuSty and LaLa said...

Nice work! Is that a birth mark on her tummy!?

So only half a push eh? She was ready!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed