February 8, 2009

Growing too fast...


Feels like just yesterday he was my little baby. Today was a pretty big deal both for me and Aidan. He went to nursery at church for the very first time. Rich and I have looked forward to this day since Maya was born. Church has been... difficult, to say the least. Aidan is so active and needs to constantly be running around and playing, so trying to keep him in one spot for 3 hours has proven to be impossible. In 2 weeks he will be 18 months old but we thought we would try it out a little early.
We went in with him and hung around for a little while and then left. We stood outside the door watching him through this tiny window in the door. He seemed to be doing ok so we left. About 5 minutes later I felt like I should check on him. I walked into the hall and immediately a lady said, "They are looking for you." So I ran to the nursery and Aidan had tears streaming down his cheeks :( The nursery leader said that he was just having a hard time. He was so happy to see me. I had hoped that he would love nursery right away but when he didn't I was actually really happy. It made me feel like he still loved and needed me. That was short lived. I took him back about 20 minutes later, during snack time, and he loved it. I peeked in on him about every 10 minutes and he was doing just fine.
As soon as church got out I rushed to the nursery to get him. He was playing and when he saw me he hopped up and came to me. He missed me. I'm so sad that he is growing up but at the same time it is making my life so much easier.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Marianne said...

What a sweet story. I can just imagine you peeking through that little window.You see, I went through that with your husband when he was little and with all my children..I know the torn feeling..."YES, I'm finally free!" and "SURELY, he loves me so much he'll never want to be away from me! I'm indispensable!" We do want our children to grow up and become independent....or do we? Yes, Jessica, I know how you felt today! (and I'm glad for Aidan!)

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed