April 8, 2010

I wanna do what Sam did!

I announced a few weeks ago that Rich and I are doing P90X. We are in week 4 of the 12 week program and we're really loving it. Or as Tony, the P90X trainer would say, "I hate it...but I love it". It is such a love hate relationship that we have with it. We hate having to do it every day but love the feeling of accomplishment when we mark off the work out for the day. Now I'm not gonna lie, I've missed a work out here and there but for the most part, the days that I missed the work out I ran a few miles. Justified?

Anyway, so my goal is to lose 15 lbs. So far I've lost 3 maybe 4 lbs, depending on which scale I weigh myself on. I got a little discouraged during week 3 because I didn't think I was seeing any change. Yeah, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. Then I watched Biggest Loser and got even more discouraged! Isn't that show supposed to do the opposite? Well there was a challenge to see who could lose 2% of their body fat first and Sam won. He only needed to lose 6 lbs and he lost 10 lbs in 4 days!!!! What? Granted, he has all day to work out with no distractions. I have a few more responsibilities than he does but I still kinda got annoyed. I don't expect to lose 10 lbs in 4 days but wouldn't it be nice? Kuddos to Sam for all of the hard work. I'll get there. Slowly but surely, I'll get there.


This is my chart. Now I feel like I've gotta explain my missed workouts. Week 1 I was training for my 5 mile run and didn't want to over do it. Lame excuse but it works :)



This is Rich's chart. He's pretty much amazing.


Yoga

4 comments:

Marianne said...

ha Rich...I used to do that "in the olden days" and I felt pretty proud...of course I was about 10 years old! Very impressive for you in your 30's!! Keep up the good work you two!

Alisha said...

I did all of p90x (lost 17 lbs) and could NEVER do the crane. I hated that darn Yoga Thursday EVERY SINGLE week. Stick with it! I hope I can do it again!

Julianne said...

I'm so proud of you guys. Can't believe you're doing p90x so soon after having a baby, pretty impressive Jessica! You inspire me! Heard you and the kids are coming this summer...yay!!!! We're so excited to see you all and can't wait to get all the cousins together!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks hard

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed