December 8, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday, Arabella!

Holy smokes, I can’t believe Arabella is 4! I’m so glad I had Eva or else I would be completely depressed about that. I have to say, the past couple of years have sort of just passed me by in a flash. My kids that were just 2,3 &4 then 3, 4 & 5 are now 3 1/2 months, 4, 5 & 6! Life just doesn’t slow down or wait for anyone.

For Arabella’s birthday we had a busy, packed day. Arabella woke up to being trapped in her bunk bed by streamers!

DSC_3602

Then we rushed off to our ward Christmas breakfast party. It was so much fun and the kids got to see Santa! Everything was great!

DSC_3605

And then…

DSC_3610

After the party we went home so that Eva could take a nap and Rich could take our van to have the snow tires put on. We had a major downpour of snow all day today. I told Arabella that Heavenly Father was making it snow for her on her birthday. She liked that.

As soon as Rich got home we headed over to Chucke Cheese. The kids have been begging to go there for ever so it was a dream come true for all of them.

photo 1 photo 2

photo 3 photo 4

DSC_3627

DSC_3616

We all had a great time and somehow Eva managed to squeeze in a nap in spite of all of the noise.

photo-5

When our pizza and coins were all gone we headed home where we sang Happy Birthday and Arabella opened her presents.

Happy Birthday Arabella!

4 year old Arabella is:

DSC_3633

* Super affectionate. Rich and I have decided that physical touch is her love language. She loves to be snuggled, kissed, tickled…it all makes her feel special and loved.

* Smart. She LOVES reading books and looks forward to our new nightly tradition, started by aunt Julie, of sitting on my lap when I read the book she picked.

* Great memory. She remembers everything you say and will call you out on any contradictions.

*Skinny. She doesn’t eat much at all. About a bite or two of each meal. I’m not exaggerating.

*Stubborn. She would rather pee her pants than to go to the bathroom after being told to. If she thinks of it on her own she will gladly go but it HAS to be her idea. Also, never ask her to look at the camera because she won’t.

* Great dexterity. She can open any closed package in the panty with scissors and does so any time she wants something and I’m not around to get it for her. Marshmallows, cracker packets, cereal, fruit snacks…just to name a few.

*Has her daddy’s sweet tooth. She won’t eat food but give her candy and she’s unstoppable!

* Amazing big sister. I thought she was going to have a hard time not being the baby anymore but she hasn’t at all. She adores her baby sister and just can’t get enough of her. Last week she was sick so I forbade her from going near Eva. Every single time I turned around she was in Eva’s face kissing her and talking to her. It was torture not being able to love on her baby. She loves her so much that she just had to share her sickness with her:(

* Sensitive. Whenever she gets in trouble she comes to me after a couple of minutes and says, “Are you still mad at me?” Saying yes is the meanest thing to do to her. It makes her so sad. She does not like the idea of me not being happy with her.

* Happy. She is a happy little girl. She is a joy to be around…most of the time;)

Arabella is my squirmy little girl that rarely sits still and has endless energy. She is teeny tiny but likes to run with the big kids. I love who she is, even though she challenges me, she is who she is and I love her for it.

Happy Birthday sweet girl. I love you sooooo much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed