June 22, 2014

It’s been a month

*sigh* I hate when I get this backed up. Life has happened. As per my usual, when my body finally has a minute to relax after being in survival mode, it likes to go into depression. Awesome. It’s not like a “crying all day because I don’t have anything to live for” depression but it’s more of a “I’m so tired and have ZERO motivation to do anything productive” depression. Does that make sense? I’m not sad by any means but if I let it go I will definitely get to that point. I got on some meds as soon as I realized what was going on. I’m starting to feel closer to normal now hence, the blog post.

So much happens in a month! I’m so sad that I’ve been in such a funk that I haven’t been documenting it. In a really lame nutshell that doesn’t do the last month any justice, here it is…

Rich had a day off  and knowing how much I have been dying to go back to Welfare Square, that is what we chose to do! I love him so much for that!

I love this place so much!

photo 3 photo 4

Stopped to take a picture on a bench that I had my picture taken on while I was on my mission…fail.

DSC_4964

Some pics down the path.

DSC_4969 DSC_4981

DSC_4997

DSC_5023

DSC_5008

Rich ran another marathon and did really well. He also ran the neighborhood 5k and got second place which was a gift card that paid for our dinner last nightOpen-mouthed smile

DSC_5028

Aidan got croup and could barely breathe. Rich had to take him to the ER.

photo 1 photo 2

For some reason our kids that have had trachs have a really hard time breathing when they get sick. It’s really scary! Every single one of the kids ended up getting croup. Boo.

Rich and I went on one of my favorite dates. We went to Temple Square.

photo 4-1

Ate at the Lion House

photo 1-1

Then, took a tour of the Beehive House.

photo 2-1

It was such a fun, relaxing date.

Eva’s hair has gotten super long!

photo 1-2

She has become such a momma’s girl! This is what she does when she is feeling emotional and I leave her with daddy.

photo 2-2 photo 3-1

photo 4-2

I love this girl SO MUCH!

The kids have become expert siblings of a trach baby. I can ask them for any medical supply or equipment and they know exactly what I’m talking about and how to use it. Gauze, nose, trach tie, catheter, suction, feeding bag, you name it and they can get it! Even Arabella knows what to do when Eva’s feeding pump beeps…

photo 1-3

Our across the street neighbors were making and selling snow cones for 15 cents. That was a deal the kids just couldn’t pass up!

DSC_5365

DSC_5366 DSC_5370

DSC_5367

Love that fake smile!

DSC_5373

DSC_5375

A couple weeks ago I decided that life was getting a little too easy and I needed a challenge because, you know, I have none right nowWinking smile A friend needed help with his girls while he went to scout camp. I took on his two girls, Evalyn and Gracie. They were so cute and fun to have stay with us for a few days. We even took some pics so that they could surprise their dad with them.

This is beautiful Eva(pronounced Ava)

DSC_5385

And silly Gracie

DSC_5436

DSC_5438

I love these sweet girls!

DSC_5389

DSC_5393

DSC_5412 DSC_5419

DSC_5423

DSC_5430

They were so cute and funny! They posed themselves while I just clicked away.

We got our craft on while they were here! We made bracelet after bracelet  and then Evalyn wanted to sew something so we made a messenger bag.

DSC_5453

DSC_5455

DSC_5463

By the end of the week I was EXHAUSTED! The kids all had fun and I had yet another confirmation that 4 kids is enough for me!

I’m realizing now that there is no way to fit all of our happenings in one blog post! There is just too much! This about covers the first two weeks I missed. The next two will follow shortly. I feel so blessed to be busy with my kids. I’m beyond grateful to be able to do “normal” things with Eva now that she is doing so well. Even though the darn depression threw me a curve ball, I’m at least grateful that I was expecting it and that I’m starting to feel right again. It has been a good month.

1 comments:

robbob said...

What a fun month! So miss you guys

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed