June 8, 2015

Feels like home

Rich and I were talking tonight about how blessed we have been to feel like every place we’ve lived feels like home. After leaving Florida and moving to Utah it took a while for me to “get over it” if that makes any sense. Everything about Utah was just not as beautiful or as good as Florida to me. So silly but when you really grow to love the place you live, you can’t help but miss it.

Now, I call Utah home…and I am going to miss it.

I’m going to miss seeing a temple around every corner. I’m going to miss the fresh air(during the summer). Not going to miss those dang inversions! I’m going to miss my cul-de-sac!!! I swear, we hit the jackpot when we got this location. With the splash pad right around the corner, a huge back yard and a cul-de-sac in the front, every day has been awesome! Especially during the summer when the kids go out to play all day long, running back and forth from other homes in the cul-de-sac. I’m going to miss looking out in the back yard and seeing 10 kids jumping on the trampoline while others play on the playset. I’m going to miss looking on the front porch and seeing all of the little girls huddled around the calico critter house or sitting on the patio furniture eating a popsicle. I’m going to miss going back to Eva’s room(the game room) and seeing my kids with their little buddies all piled on the recliner playing on the Wii. I’m going to miss hearing Arabella playing dress-up and baby unicorn in her room with her little friends.

Utah has been so good to us. There is so much I will always treasure about our time here on Freedom Circle but I know that Heavenly Father has such great and exciting plans for us in Okinawa. I hope when our time is over in Japan that I can call that little island home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed