July 7, 2015

Pressing Forward

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted. June was a whirlwind. We had such a short notice of having to pick up our lives and move it across the world but honestly, I’m so glad it all went down the way it did. While I could have used one more month to prepare a bit better, the anticipation of waiting for the movers to come was probably the worst part of the whole process. I was restless leading up to that day, unsure of exactly what I could or should be doing. One HUGE blessing was my mom coming out to help. She cooked and cooked and cooked some more which always makes us happy.

photo 3-1

photo

Lots of hanging out and enjoying our home in Utah for the last 2 weeks.

photo 4-1

photo 1-2 photo 2-2

photo 1-1 photo 2-1

Final dinners and outings with friends…

IMG_0455

photo 3-3 IMG_6353

IMG_0467 IMG_0465

DSC_8423

DSC_8430

DSC_8431

Saying goodbye to a nurse that we love!

DSC_8433

Eva LOVES Erica just as much as Erica loves Eva. This is a special blanket that Eva will always have to remember her sweet nurse that cared so well for her for over a year. I’m gonna miss our late night talks.

DSC_8435

A pizza challenge consisting of a 30” pizza, a pitcher of root beer, 1 hour and these two guys.

photo 3-4 photo 4-2

photo 3-5

photo 1-4 photo 2-4

And of course their subsequent failure

photo 4-3 

A sweet treat made by a special 10 year old! Abby Pilkington is one of the most awesome girls I know and I hope that my girls will grow up to be like her.

photo 2-6 

Last time dress-ups

photo 4-4 

Finally, the day came for the packers. They said they would be there at 10…didn’t get there until 2:30. They stayed for about 2 hours and then stopped for the day. The next day they were supposed to get there around 10 again…they came by at 4:30 and said they were done for the day and would be back tomorrow. So, days 1 and 2 went by with very little getting done and day 3 was supposed to be the day they loaded everything into the truck. Half of them got to our house at 8:30 and the rest at 10. It was absolute craziness with all of them running around packing, doing inventory and loading all at the same time.

photo 1-3 photo 2-3

photo 3-2

My empty house on Freedom Circle.

photo 1-5 photo 5-2

It was sad to see these two running to our empty house asking for my kids to come out to play like they did every single day. They were so sad when I told them our house was empty. We are all going to miss Matthew and Isabella.

photo 2-5

Our last family picture in front of our house.

DSC_8447

The time finally came for us to say goodbye and head to Missouri. I’m going to miss every single thing about our home, our cul-de-sac and our Utah life but we are all excited for Okinawa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed