August 16, 2015

Reunited and it felt soooo good!

Cool story. 2.5 years ago, when we moved on base from Mountain Green, I was visited by my new wards Relief Society president doing her righteous duty and her 1st counselor. The 1st counselor was a little overbearing but the Prez and I were nice and let her enjoy listening to her own voice. There was a quick couple of minutes where we had the chance to make quick conversation but that was all it took for us to know we were meant to be BFF’s. How did we know that, you might ask? Let me make this simple-both our names are Jessica, both from Missouri and we both had previously owned our dream car, a new VW Bug. Meant to be? Obviously!

We went on to have the most awesome 2 years. We would ride together to Relief Society activities and without fail one of us would always say, “Soooo, where are we really going?” We spent countless hours sitting on my couch making plans for summer activities with the kids that we would never follow through with and talking about all of the crafts we should do and….yeah, that was it. Then, one day she decided to pray for the Air Force to give them a new assignment thinking that the grass was greener. Her prayers were answered and the grass was not greener. Before she left I was sure to sing the words of a country song to her whenever I had the chance. “You’re gonna miss this. You’re gonna want this back. You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast.”

So, she left me for San Antonio, Texas and I missed her terribly. I got over it though(jk). Then, after our reassignment call to Okinawa we thought we would never see each other again, but we were wrong! One scorching hot Missouri day while we were visiting our family in Marshfield and she was visiting her family in St. Louis, WE REUNITED!!!!

We met up in Rolla and had the best 3ish hours ever!

IMG_4995

DSC_8653

Boston(in the middle) is just as handsome as I remember him!

DSC_8655

My gorgeous friend who I know is going to look at this perfect picture and pick it apart. Sorry about the peeking out G’s friend!

DSC_8656

Little Lucy has gotten so big!

DSC_8657

These boys are such good friends! My kids were so sad when they moved and looked forward to this reunion.

DSC_8659

Their legs, hahaha!

DSC_8660

It was like pulling teeth to get them all to smile and then I had to go and take a blurry picture *sigh*

DSC_8662

Goofballs

DSC_8664

I love her and miss her!

DSC_8667

She has always been such a good friend to me except for Thanksgiving that one year(bahahaha!) That’s a whole other blog post that I won’t do, don’t worry Jess. Love you so much and can’t wait for you to come visit me in paradise! Okinawa 2017!!!!

3 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I MADE THE BLOG! Miss you friend, thanks for the sweet post, it made me cry.

Jess said...

I MADE THE BLOG! Miss you friend, thanks for the sweet post, it made me cry.

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed