June 27, 2016

May & June in review

There were so many fun little things we did in May that I haven’t posted about. We went to the park again and the kids loved it.
 
DSCF9206DSCF9209
 
Roller slide is always a hit…
 
DSCF9215DSCF9216
DSCF9212
 
As long as your dad doesn’t try to make you go down all by yourself. It took her a little while to get down.
 
DSCF9219DSCF9221
 
A couple of my favorite random pictures.
 
DSCF9225
 
Just chillin with dad.
 
DSCF9227DSCF9229
 
My babes!
 
DSCF9230
 
While my mom was here Rich and I went on a few dates. It was awesome being able to go out just the two of us. We went to this hole in the wall Thai place and it was sooooo good!
 
DSCF0198
 
DSCF0185
 
My attempt at a date selfie with my camera.
 
DSCF0190
 
So the kitchen is right in front of you and there is one cook. He cooks everything fresh to order and pulls out all of the fresh veggies, herbs and spices right in front of you.
 
DSCF0186
 
We ordered several dishes and shared them and every single dish was DIVINE!
 
DSCF0191
 
DSCF0192DSCF0194
 
DSCF0195
 
Then, when you are done eating, you clean up after yourself!
 
DSCF0187
 
On another date we went to a really popular dinner theater in Naha that was supposed to be really good. It was not. I can appreciate storytelling through dance but we were b.o.r.e.d.
 
DSCF9318DSCF9323
 
DSCF9334
 
On another date we went to a new ramen place that was super tiny but super good. It was one of those where you order outside on this machine.
 
IMG_2454
 
Go inside, take your shoes off and sit and enjoy your delicious ramenSmile
 
IMG_2476
 
This is how old we’ve gotten…on one of our dates we both decided we would just go to the Exchange and walk around…separately. Then we bought a treat and went home to watch a movie with my mom. Old.
 
June just flew by! I can’t believe how quickly it escaped me but that’s probably because we’ve been so busy. We started out the month with a hospital visit, nothing serious, just a precautionary peak into Arabella’s trachea at the request of the ENT. It was a quick outpatient procedure but of course we never enjoy these types of things. She was a champ!
 
~Pre-op~
IMG_2437
 
They gave her a drug to make her sleepy and it worked.
 
 
~Shortly post-op~
IMG_2444
 
IMG_2447
 
Feeling much better!
 
IMG_2450
 
The reason for the check-up was to make sure that there wasn’t granulation or scar tissue growing from the trach incision that could potentially obstruct her airway. She was clear! We opted not to have Aidan and Eva checked because they’ve never shown any signs that would make us concerned.
 
My mom left and then 2 days later the kids had their last day of school. Arabella had a little ceremony her last full day of school.
 
IMG_2638
 
IMG_2646
 
IMG_2649
 
For her very last day of school she wanted her hair to be “curly”(she meant wavy)
 
IMG_2654-1IMG_2655
 
So, school is out and we are having fun. To motivate the kids to keep doing their chores I started a ticket reward system and they have definitely been motivated!
 
IMG_2727
 
When I really want to get them to work I flip the sign around to say that tickets are worth 20 cents and they jump on it. That’s what I did their first day of summer and the house was sparkling. Bonus is that they earned enough to hit up Daiso!
 
IMG_2667
 
IMG_2672
 
Rich taught Aidan how to play chess and the next day Aidan taught Maya. They played for 2 hours!
 
IMG_2684
 
The kids’ friend, Giuliano, joined us for a Baker Sunday Selfie before going back home to Utah.
 
IMG_2574
 
Eva is completely obsessed with being a princess and asks for me to make an “Elsa” every single day. Btw, and “Elsa” is a braid, lol!
 
IMG_2556
 
Most recently, Maya has been pretty sick and we’ve spent the last few days battling whatever it is that she has. Eva and I stayed home from church with Maya. Arabella begs me to make these pigtails in her hair every day and since I wouldn’t be there with her at church I decided I would go ahead and do it. She was so happy.
 
IMG_2722
 
I will finish this post by saying that I have the most amazing husband ever and my kids are the luckiest kids in the world. Rich loves to spend every free minute with us doing something fun and adventurous and just makes us all so happy. I asked him to take a Sunday Selfie for me and this is what he sent me.
 
IMG_2723IMG_2724
 
I love him so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed