November 8, 2017

South Korea Day 3 ~ Yurim Reunion

Hands down, my absolute favorite part of our entire trip was day 3. After 12 years apart with very little contact, my sweet companion and I were reunited! I was Sister Yu’s second companion and she was one of my absolute favorites. She taught me about the Korean culture and because of her I have a deep love for Koreans.
On Sunday we took the train from Seoul to Incheon, straight to her church building.
IMG_4181
We arrived before she did so Rich and the kids went in for sacrament meeting and I waited in the lobby. Our reunion was so sweet! We just hugged and cried for a few minutes and then joined my family in the chapel. Her mother and grandmother happened to be speaking that day so that was a special treat.
I couldn’t help myself and just had to take a picture of us sitting together. I didn’t want to ever forget this moment! 12 years ago, we spent 6 weeks just like this, side by side.
IMG_6321
After sacrament we went took the kids to Primary. She plays piano for the Primary so that was fun.
IMG_6326
They were so welcoming and accommodating. They wrote the kids names on the board in English and Korean.
IMG_6325
They found an English Primary song book so the kids could follow along.
After church, we took a few pictures in the lobby. Of course we had to include our Temple Square 2 finger point, haha!
DSCF4538
DSCF4543
I just love this girl!
DSCF4541
Yurim’s mom and grandma just loved Eva, but my never shy girl wasn’t feeling it that day.
DSCF4545 DSCF4546
After church, Yurim took us to her home. She was just married a few months ago and we got to meet the lucky guy. Even though he didn’t speak a single word of English, we really enjoyed seeing them together in their new love.
He helps her in the kitchen. I love him already!
IMG_6334
He likes my kids, especially Eva…Yurim made a great choice.
IMG_6336
Their traditional wedding picture.
IMG_6337
IMG_6335
They prepared the most delicious dinner!
DSCF4557
IMG_4182 DSCF4552
This picture makes me miss her so much! What a beautiful day we shared.
DSCF4559
Fruit for dessert. Not sure what this was but it was so yummy!
DSCF4564
DSCF4560
DSCF4581
Time to head back to our hotel. They walked us to the train station.
IMG_4187
DSCF4616
DSCF4623
IMG_4189
Saying goodbye was hard. I know I will see her again soon, though. Until then, I have the most wonderful memories to tide me over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed