December 21, 2017

Shanghai Disney!

 Shanghai was a unique experience from the moment we got off of the plane. Immediately upon exiting the airport there were people staring and taking pictures of us. This happened in all of the Asian countries we visited but Shanghai was on another level.
We walked in to the hotel and the kids were immediately stopped by the staff for some pictures.

 Unfortunately, I was feeling my absolute worst when we got to Shanghai. I crashed while Rich was 'amazing dad' and took the kids to explore the Toy Story Hotel. He even found a pharmacy and brought me some Chinese medicine. This was the only way I was able to semi-function for Disney the next 2 days.

Now looking back I can't believe I did 2 days of Disney with a sinus infection. It was brutal. I put on a brave face for the kids and the experience though. I think I took a total of 15 pictures with my good camera. I just didn't have it in me. 
Next day, we hit the park and were greeted by a massive mob of umbrellas. It was an hour wait before we could even get in the park.



Finally! We made it in!

I don't know that anything could have prepared us for the craziness of "lines" in China...or should I say the non-existence of them. Chinese don't like or respect the idea of lines so that was a trial of our patience. 



If you don't count the fact that they will push past you without a second thought, they really are so nice. We were in line for the very best ride at the park, Pirates of the Caribbean, which we rode like 3 times. Seriously, amazing!



We were a stopped by our biggest fans that we never knew existed and had a full blown photo shoot with every individual in their group, haha! 




They even wanted pictures with Rich. Me? Not so much. I guess I didn't look American enough for them to get excited over me, lol!


I needed to head back to the hotel semi-early because I wasn't feeling well so I took Eva with me so the big kids could keep playing. When I say "big kids" that includes Rich because he is basically one of the big kids. This was an interesting and different thing that I had never seen at a Disney before. There was an army of guards as I headed towards the exit to maintain order as people exited the park. Made me glad I wasn't staying late enough to see the mass exodus.



So, I was feeling crummy but I wanted to get a Shanghai Disney magnet so I stopped at a gift shop on my way out. I found my magnet and Eva found a Frozen music box that she fell in love with so I got in line to pay for our finds. I stood and waiting for the 2 people ahead of me to make their purchases and then suddenly an older lady walked right past me as I was beginning to walk towards the register and proceeded to make her purchase. I was tired and had just spent the day at Disney with a sinus infection and I was not about to take it. I marched right up next to her and I said, "No! My turn. You wait." The look on her face was complete shock! Really? You are shocked that I called you out? I didn't care. This part blew me away. A second later she got over her shock and proceeded to play with Eva while she waited her turn! She was so sweet and it was as if nothing had happened! This is when I realized that the Chinese are not defined by their very rude and bad habit of cutting in line. I actually really like them! 
Rich and the kids rode Tron and loved it!


That was the end of Shanghai Disney day 1. We were better prepared with what to expect for day 2. Got to the park and were again greeted by the forever long line and wait among the umbrellas. 

We filled day 2 with shows, exploring and a few fun rides. The funny thing about the shows is that they were all in Mandarin so we couldn't understand a word but they were still entertaining! I mean, who doesn't just love a Chinese Jack Sparrow?

Its a good thing we knew all of the words to our favorite Frozen songs so we could sing along!



This lady in line cracked me up.


Riding the 7 dwarfs ride with Eva had to be my favorite moment of the day!





The Alice in Wonderland maze was awesome.










Everyone had to see if they were the chosen one.


 Inside Cinderella's castle






The castle was incredible!



We finished up our 2 days at Shanghai Disney and our time at the Toy Story hotel.






Shanghai Disney did not disappoint!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed