May 15, 2008

My Miracle

Aidan drank 2 1/2 oz of pure liquid from a bottle! What a breakthrough the past half hour has been. I was trying to give him his sippy cup with the usual formula thickened by baby food and rice cereal. He would take one suck and push it away. I was having one of those moments where I'm almost in tears wondering when this is going to end and then a thought came to my mind...try a bottle! I was nervous to try because I didn't want to be disappointed but I just kept telling myself, "If it is Heavenly Father's will it will work". I tried one bottle and it didn't work. I tried another bottle with thinner formula and it didn't work. I tried my last bottle with half water half apple juice and he took right to it!! I feel like this is the breakthrough I've been waiting for. I hope this is the beginning of the end of the g-tube.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim said...

Good new about and for Aidan!!
and congrats on the anniversary!
I am doing well..am not really showing yet...i am still wearing the clothes from before Dallin...last time i gained alot of weight but mostly on other parts then on the belly...am sure it will be the same again soon.

Marianne said...

What wonderful news! Jessica, you amaze me with your patience and perserverence as a mother. I so admire you! We're so glad YOU are our grandson's mom!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed