January 26, 2009

The Rockwood Experience

Last week Rich and I decided to try out our new FREE FLIGHT BENEFITS (woohoo!!) and take a little trip out to Virginia to visit my awesome sister-in-law, Julie and her family. It was soooooo fun! Julie, her husband Jeffrey and their 3 boys+1 on the way, are stationed in Virginia. Jeffrey is a dentist for the Navy. We hadn't seen them in over a year so we were really looking forward to hanging out with them for a couple of days.


Aidan and Luke are just a couple of months apart. They had so much fun playing all day. When we got home we discovered that Luke had secretly been teaching Aidan a few of his tricks like how to climb up on a couch and how to open the dishwasher. Both of which make my job that much more exciting...thanks Lukey!

Luke was very aware of baby Maya the two days that we were there. He was attentive and loved looking at her. He even brought her a play bottle when she was crying. Such a smart boy. I think he is going to be a great big brother.

Jeffrey took us to the base so we could see ships like the one that he works on. It was a really cool experience. His ship wasn't there but I think he said this ship is half the size of his.
This is the new George Bush ship. It was very impressive to see this huge, new ship.

We really enjoyed our 2 days hanging out with Julie and Jeffrey and their boys. It was a trip that will not soon be forgotten. Thanks Julie!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ok, so time to come see me! :)

Lacey said...

Seriously...how cool is that (both about the free travel and that awesome trip)! I'll bet it was quite an experience to see those ships. Your kids are so cute I just want to eat them up!

Julianne said...

Thank you so much for coming! We had such a good time with your sweet family and can't wait to see you again....hopefully soon! Sorry about the new tricks that Luke taught Aidan, don't you just love older cousins? I love the pics, I'll send the ones I took soon.

RuSty and LaLa said...

Being with family is the best!

Marianne said...

I loved seeing my "kids" together and sharing their expertise with each other..my grandkids are the cutest grandkids in the world! Julie..I could see little Carson is growing!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed