April 24, 2009

Spring Break, 1st Date, My Birthday, 911...

It's been too long so it's time to do a little back tracking. Spring Break...ahhhh what a great week. We had originally planned to fly out to San Fransisco but decided we didn't want to go somewhere cold for Spring Break and stayed in Florida. We were so happy we did. The weather was beautiful and we were able to get out and see parts of Florida we hadn't seen. We started our break with a trip to the dog beach with some friends. Aidan loves dogs so he had a blast.

Maya really enjoyed it too.


Next day we went to the mall and then took a trip to the pool. Aidan hated it!

Next, we went to the zoo!

Saw gorgeous animals...



Aidan loved the aquarium.


He also loved the birds



He even got to feed a goat!


Best of all, we got to spend time together :)


We went on our 1st date since we moved to Florida. Cheesecake Factory and a movie. Still can't believe we ate that whole slice! It was so good.


Yum


We decided to drive to Marco Island which is a little under 2 hours away. It was beautiful! My favorite beach so far.


The water was shallow and calm so Aidan loved to play in it. He was not happy to leave.


Baby Maya even showed off her little bathing suit


Happy Birthday to me!!! April 14th was my 27th birthday. What a fun time we had. Rich tricked me into thinking that he couldn't get a babysitter so I was bummed :( Then there was a knock at the door and it was my good friend, Lucy! I though she was just stopping by to say happy birthday but she was there to babysit! Rich had it all planned out. He took me out to a yummy steak house and then to a movie. It was the best birthday surprise ever! Not to mention the gift card for a free massage and a bike!! Since we moved here I've been wanting a bike and he got me one! We've been out a couple of times pulling the kids in a bike stroller. It's so much fun!

Ok, now to the big story. About a week ago we were just having a relaxing night at home. Rich was cooking dinner and I was cleaning the dinning room and talking to my friend Lucy on the phone. Maya was in the living room playing on the floor when suddenly I heard her struggling for air. I ran to her, threw the phone down and started patting her back. She was still really struggling. Rich ran over and took her and tried to get her breathing passage clear. By this time it had been almost a minute, it seemed. We were freaking out so I ran to my neighbor's house, who is a cop and he ran over. He called 911 and instructed Rich. Shortly after she was breathing fine. It was soooooo scary!!! The police and fire and rescue still came to examine her. It was a huge fiasco. All of our neighbors were standing outside. We didn't care though. We were just so grateful that Maya was ok.
Everybody has been asking me what she was choking on. The answer is, I don't know. She just started picking up stuff and putting it in her mouth. My only guess is that it could have been a piece of Aidan's cracker that he had been eating earlier. But trust me, I have been watching him like a hawk when he eats his snacks.


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness Jess...how scary!!! Glad Miss Maya is ok! And YAY for super fun dates!

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear you're loving Florida! And I should NOT have read the part about Maya choking. I am sooooo paranoid about that happening to my kids! I'm so glad she's ok, though! Love you

Jessica said...

I am so glad that your little one is all right!! Very scary!

I am also especially glad to hear that you are happy and that life is good. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands that know how to make life sweet! I am happy to know that Rich takes such good care of you! Take care and know that I love ya!

Marianne said...

I was so happy to read all the good news about your family..sorry about the choking scare...raising kids does take a few years off your life!Love the pictures. Rich and Aidan were twins! Love the plaid shorts! Hope to see you soon!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Scary! By the way...your old. But me too.

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed