July 20, 2009

My Husband, The Triathlete

For about a month now Rich has been training for his first Triathlon. He would get up every morning and either bike, swim or run for an hour. He loves to exercise. He participated in his very first triathlon on Saturday and did AMAZING!

It was a 400 meter swim in the ocean, 10 mile bike and last a 1.7 mile run. He has always been a runner but the challenge for him was getting good at all 3. I knew he was going to do good but I think we were both surprised when he did great! He placed 4th in his group of 1st timers and 2nd in his age group!!
We had a couple of friends that also did the triathlon. This is a picture of Rich with our really good friend Laura. This was her second triathlon. I am getting really excited about joining the fun after I have Isabella.

Rich was so happy. I was so happy that he was so happy. He had such a great time and has been planning his next triathlon. He just can't stop talking about it! It is his new passion. I am so proud of him for being so disciplined in his training and for doing such a great job in his first of many triathlons.

2 comments:

Em said...

2nd place in his FIRST triathalon! What an accomplishment! Congrats!

(And I have to admit that thinking about that long of an Ocean swim makes me almost crap my pants.)

RuSty and LaLa said...

WOW! Ok I am so happy for him. Even though to me that would be worse than a root canal, I am still impressed. I think you are crazy to want to join him lucy. Are you going to put baby making to the side long enough to be able to do this? haha!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed