December 23, 2009

Arabella Update

It has been a busy few days. I haven't been very good about keeping everybody updated. Arabella's surgery went well. She was extubated 3 days after the surgery and did well for about 2 hours. After the first couple of hours her breathing went down hill. She struggled for over 12 hours and then was re-intubated. It was so hard to watch her fight for each breath. It felt like somebody ripped my heart out. It's been about 5 days and she will be extubated again tomorrow morning at 8:00. I can't even explain how nervous I am. Is she going to do better? Has the swelling gone down enough that she will be able to breath? Is that even the problem or does she have vocal cord paralysis like Aidan did? Tomorrow will determine whether she will need a trach or whether she will be able to do it on her own.
Tonight, when I was holding her, I was overwhelmed with gratitude. I was looking at her perfect face and playing with her head full of hair and thinking how blessed I am to be able to do that. I am so grateful and blessed to have her. She was gone for a few minutes and then brought back to life and for that I am and will be eternally grateful. I thought to myself what a miracle it is that Rich and I have 3 kids and not just 1. We have personally witnessed 2 miracles. Whatever happens, I am grateful.

1 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

im glad you posted. i have to admit ive been worrying about y'all. you have definitely (and will continue to be) in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed