July 28, 2011

Don’t Give Up!

I realize I am REALLY REALLY far behind on my blog and I have every intention of writing about the Maná concert that Rich and I went to, which by the way was AMAZING, and our 2 week trip to Missouri. For now, I’m just gonna write about an experience that I’m sure I’ll be laughing about a few years from now.

First of all, let me just mention my incredible 14 hours of sleep that I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of nights ago. I was crashing on the couch at 6:30, when my night in shining armor stepped in and rescued me. “Go to bed.” Were the loving words that he ever so sweetly uttered. I obeyed:) I woke up at 8:30 the next morning and it felt sooooo goooooood. Unfortunately, I’m still fighting a losing battle with depression and the sleep didn’t help the next day. Anyway, to repay Rich for his kindness I though I would let him go running all by himself. With 3 little kids doing anything by yourself is quite the treat. I was also determined to do something good for myself and go to the gym. I loaded up the kids and drove to the gym, leaving behind my cell phone (I will regret this later). So, as I was unloading the kids I hit the lock button out of habit. One by one I unbuckled Aidan, Maya and then I set my wallet and keys down on the seat to take Arabella out her her seat. Then, I closed the door……………………..:(

I realized instantly that I had just locked myself out of the van but made every effort not to panic. I just turned towards the gym and decided that I would go right ahead and get a good work out and then worry about how I was going to get home. Did you know that you can’t check your kids into the kid care at 24 hour fitness without your id? I did. I just didn’t know that they wouldn’t make any acceptions, even if they know you. There I was, with 3 screaming kids that wanted to go play, no keys, no phone, oh and just to make it a little more impossible, Rich JUST changed his cell phone number last week and I didn’t know his new number. Isn’t it horrible to be so dependant on a cell phone that you don’t know anybody’s number in case of emergency. Shame on me.

The 1st thing I did was go to the front desk to ask them to contact one of my friends that I knew had been to the gym before. I was shocked when not one of my friends came up in the computer. Then I sat outside with the kids just to think about other options.

Just to clarify the gravity of the situation: I am at the gym with all 3 kids. I don’t know anybody’s number. Rich is on a run for at least 45 minutes. I live about 3 miles away. What would you do? Start walking? I considered it but there would be several very busy streets to cross with my kids and that was just a risk I wasn’t willing to take. I even contemplated asking some random, nice looking lady if she would be willing to give us a ride home without car seats. It really seemed like my only option until I had an “ah ha moment”. When you register your kids at the kid care you have to fill out a form for each child with your contact info. My friend, Lori, was a member and took her kids there! I rushed in and practically begged the lady to break the rules for me and call my friend. She asked for permission from a manager and then called Lori. She was on a walk near my house and was so nice to swing by and inform Rich of my situation. Hallelujah! About 20 minutes later I was rescued, once again by my hero. Poor guy, he sure does have a lot to deal with, with me as his wife.

I never did get my workout but the next morning I woke up with 1 goal in mind: I was going to go to the gym. I did! I did not give up. Lately, I’m not gonna lie, it feels like the world is against me. I’m sure this has happened to everybody at some point in their lives. If it hasn’t, it probably will but the most important thing to remember is to not give up.

Moral of the story? Get out of the habit of locking the doors before I actually close them. Lesson learned:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed