July 2, 2011

The Potty Game

DSC_3503

Guess who’s potty trained…Aidan and almost Maya! Aidan has finally decided that going #2 in the toilet isn’t such a bad thing. Maya has pretty much potty trained herself as far as #2 goes and I guess that means I should probably put some effort into #1 with her. I know I should be jumping up and down at the fact that an 8 month struggle has finally come to an end but I think I’ve been had. I thought that I would be amazing when he was totally potty trained but he’s figured out how to make up for the lack of diapers by playing THE POTTY GAME (dun dun dun). Have you ever been through this one? Every night after changing clothes, brushing teeth and saying prayers we close the door and are home free!!!! So we thought. About 10 minutes later we hear, “Mommy, Daddy I need to go poop!” It’s Aidan. Ugh! Let him out, strip his clothes and sit him on the toilet. 15 minutes later he decides he doesn’t need to go after all. Dress him and put him back to bed. 2 minutes later, “Mommy, Daddy I need to go poop!” Maya’s turn. Some nights it’s just once for each kid and others it’s twice. I hate the potty game. Like every thing else, it’s just a phase. Thank goodness!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Dallin did it as well. Since he still wears a diaper at night, at one point we told him to "do" it in his diaper (ofcourse there was nothing to "do")and ignored him. It went away.

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed