August 21, 2012

My Special Birthday Boy

DSC_9552
Where does time go? Why must it go so quickly? 5 years ago today was THE most life changing day of my life. I remember the night before Aidan was born clearly. I was so unaware that in just a few hours my life would never be the same. I would never be the same. It’s hard to believe that such a little person could teach me all that he has about life, sacrifice, and about love.
It was such a bitter-sweet day. After 13 hours of, hands down, the most excruciating physical pain I have ever felt (no epidural), I was introduced to the most excruciating emotional pain I had ever felt. I spent the next 16 months learning so many lessons. I learned about self sacrifice, extreme sleep deprivation, frustration. I basically learned how to be a nurse, an occupational therapist and a basket case. I learned life lessons about prayer, faith, a loving and caring Heavenly Father, and eternal families. But what I learned about the most is LOVE.
Never had I felt a love like I did for my little Aidan. The only way I was able to survive all that I did was because of that love. 5 years later my love for my sweet boy grows more and more every single day. There was nothing that I wouldn’t have done for him then and that still rings true today. Today, we celebrated Aidan’s birth and my heart is so filled with gratitude for a strong, healthy, sweet hearted boy to love forever.
Happy Birthday sweet boy!
DSC_9623

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed