January 27, 2014

Momma Josie To The Rescue!!!

At the tail end of Eva’s sickness my mom called me with GREAT news! She was going to have a week off to come visit me! I had been in survival mode since Eva came home…let’s be honest, I think I’m always in survival mode, so I was in desperate need of some help and help she did!

My mom got here and got right to work. She learned to suction Eva, which was a huge help and made up for lost time with her newest little grandbaby.

DSC_3866

We had the greatest time cooking, cleaning and doing laundry together. Sound silly but we really did! My house was on the brink of imploding, it was so messy but she got that taken care of in the first two days. We spent most of our days in the kitchen cooking delicious food which is what she does best.

She made mountains of tortillas and froze them.

photo 3-2

We made 3 pans of green enchiladas to freeze.

photo 4-2

She made a huge pot of pozole and froze it. And last but not least she made a ton of sopapillas(fried bread) for us to munch on with honey and also to make Navajo Tacos. YUM!

photo 5-2

photo 1-3

photo 2-2

It’s kind of sad that I have more pictures of food than I do of my mom but she really did just load us up with amazing food to survive off of after she left. It’s like I was at rock bottom trying to survive Eva’s long, drawn out sickness and she came in and got us back in working order and left us fully stocked up with food. I’m so grateful for her and her help and company. I can’t wait until she can come out again!

DSC_3872

1 comments:

Amy said...

So glad your mom was able to come! There is nothing like your mom being there...and its ok its mostly food! I think its awesome you were able to freeze so much! The first picture of your mom and Eva is beautiful-you should frame it!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed