August 8, 2014

Missouri Visit:Baker Style

I just love those Bakers! I am so grateful for such an amazing family-in-law. I feel like they have made me a better person. They have always stepped up when we have needed them, flying out to Utah and Florida to help. Even flying kids out to Missouri to stay for a whole month during a time that I needed to focus on Eva. I am blessed with great family.

Enough with the mushy stuff…on to the visit. This was not a lounging around the house kind of visit, we kept busy! The kids wasted no time and got busy playing like you are supposed to out in the country.

DSC_5542

Of course, grandma loves to get in on the action!

DSC_5546

I did what Julie said was impossible and braided Daisy’s hair. It’s easy when you give them treatsWinking smile

DSC_5551

We went out to dinner with Julie and her posse. During dinner I captured this moment.

photo 1

That is Carson opening Maya’s ketchup packet for her and squeezing it out on her plate. Maya and Carson have a special relationship that to me is a lot like siblings/best friends. They love/hate each other but mostly love. It is so cute to see how close they are and how excited get to see each other when we go to Missouri.

The next day we headed out to Aunt Kathy’s in Niangua. The kids had fun petting chickens and walking around the garden.

DSC_5558

DSC_5567

DSC_5571

DSC_5574

They even have bees!

DSC_5588

DSC_5583

DSC_5596

We had a good time.

DSC_5600

The next night was the 3rd Annual Rockwood Camp-out! HERE is last years camp-out. It is always a blast!

DSC_5639

DSC_5640

DSC_5643 DSC_5645

DSC_5647

DSC_5649

Daisy was SO CUTE! She was completely in love with Eva! Eva gained a new nickname from Daisy…Baby Diva! Love it!

DSC_5650

DSC_5653

About a week after we left, mom sent me this video.

Yes, that is 2 hotdogs. My girl is growing so fast.

DSC_5657

DSC_5658

DSC_5661

The tents

DSC_5662

DSC_5663

DSC_5664

DSC_5665

We stuck with tradition and Rich told scary stories once it got dark. We roasted marshmallows and ate smor’s.

photo 3

photo 4

Then, the kids and most of the adults camped out.

photo 1-2

I think this campout is one of the get-togethers I look forward to the most.

I went home with Eva and slept in my cozy bed. Which, by the way, I’ve never been one to let my kids, especially babies sleep in my bed with me. Mostly because Rich would totally roll over them but during this trip I got to spend a couple of mornings snuggling with Eva after Rich left for his run. It was awesome! She is a great snuggler.

photo-6

Baker family time is THE BEST but sadly it had to come to an end. I packed my stuff and the kids stuff and Rich packed his. Can you tell who’s is who’s?

photo 2

photo 4-1

photo 3-1

This is why I do all of the packing…but I love him anywaysWinking smile

When it was time to go I felt ready to go mostly because poor Aidan needed some relief from his allergies. Poor kid was suffering the whole time and nothing helped. There were some days that his eyes were so swollen and red that he looked completely unnatural.

photo 5

Arabella also struggled with the windy roads. This is how she spent a lot of her time driving around Missouri and driving home.

photo 3-2

The good news was that their road trip binders kept them busy on the way home too.

photo 1-3 photo 3-3

photo 2-1

photo 1-4

We stayed in Denver, Colorado on our way home. The kids LOVE staying in hotels and all 3 shared the queen size bed with not too many arguments.

photo 2-2

Our last travel day we were all so ready to be home. Aidan’s allergies were already starting to improve but not enough that he didn’t drool while he slept. That is no problem though! His sweet sister will be sure to take care of it for him. I did not tell her to do this.

photo 1-5

photo 2-3

A couple minutes after wiping his drool, she said, “Mom, I need help!” I turn around and she’s holding his head up!

photo 3-4

Apparently, it was bothering her that his head was hanging down. She lifted it up and then he started to drool on her hand, haha!

photo 4-2photo 5-1

We finally got home and it felt so good to be there. We look forward to Christmas time in Missouri!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Ha baby Diva, I love it! What a fun visit! So sad we have missed out on some fun cousin bonding! Hopefully soon we can ALL be together again!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed