August 19, 2014

Trach Baby Momma’s

When Eva was just a couple of months old my sister-in-law, Rebecca, told me about a friend of a friend who had recently had a baby boy that had the same condition as my kids (vocal cord paralysis). She texted me her number and I gave her a call. She had a ton of questions for me and it felt amazing to be able to use my experiences to help someone. Since then we have texted back and forth, keeping each other updated on our kids progress. We’ve become friends without ever having met…until recently! She just happened to live in Springfield which gave me the awesome opportunity to meet her in person when we visited our family in Missouri. While it was a tight squeeze finding the time away from family, it was something I was excited about and was a priority.

Rich and I met up with her at Cheddar’s and it felt like we had been friends forever. We were bonded by our circumstances and understanding of what it is like to have a trach baby. It was a blessing to meet my sweet friend, Jeni and her little man, Brant.

DSC_5682

Brant was VERY shy.

DSC_5678

DSC_5679

DSC_5687

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful!!!
I'm the friend of the friend that put her in contact with Rebecca! I AM SO GLAD you two could help each other out!!!!
This is what makes life special!
Jennifer Schatzer
Springfield, MO

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed