August 5, 2014

Missouri Visit: Lucero Style

I love my family, and by ‘my family’ I mean both the Baker and Lucero side. It has been a whole year since we’ve been able to visit them in Missouri. Eva was born and just wasn’t well enough to travel until recently. Our visit was short but packed full of fun and bonding.

We headed out early on our 20ish hour drive. The kids were so excited to work in their new “Road Trip Binders”. Rich laughed at me because I was so excited about them. He knows how excited I get about an idea involving the kids and when it fails miserably I’m devastated. This idea did NOT fail!

photo 1-1

Julie gave me some great ideas on our trip to Idaho. Each kid had different activities and coloring pages in their binder and a map so they could follow along our drive. It really was fun for them and me.

photo 2-1

photo 1

photo 2

So excited to meet all of her cousins!

photo 3

Hand monstersSmile

photo 4

We arrived in Kearney, Nebraska where Eva experienced her first night in a hotel.

photo 1-2

photo 2-2

Again, we headed out early and got to Missouri around 4:00. We spent the night at Rich’s parents and then headed to Springfield the next day to hang out with my mom and Yesenia. The kids wasted no time re-acquainting.

My mom was heading out to Mexico the very next day so we had one day to spend together. We all went to eat at Chipotle and then treated ourselves to Andy’s.

(I told the kids to jump)

photo 1-4

photo 2-3

photo 3-1

Andy’s

photo 4-1

Blackberry Concrete…YUM!!!

photo 5

I love my sister so much! She is so fun! We enjoy giving each other a hard time and posting embarrassing videos of each other on facebook. Here, I was pretending I was looking at something on my phone but I was actually videoing her inhaling her ice cream cone that was melting like crazy. I’m so mean…and she loves itWinking smile

 

She got a video of me dancing like a major dork, but I won’t post that one. Haha!

One day was simply not enough time to spend with the people I love.

photo 1-5

Not cute. Not cute at all.

photo 2-4photo 4-2

photo 3-2

Rudy and Amy are both really busy but we did get to spend the day with Amy and the boys at Silver Dollar City. Rich’s family also went. We all had a great time.

photo 1-6

photo 2-5

photo 3-3photo 4-3

I love this picture of Josy and Arabella.

DSC_5694

DSC_5699

photo 5-1 photo 2-6

photo 1-7

photo 3-4

photo 4-4 photo 5-2

DSC_5706

DSC_5715

DSC_5709 DSC_5711

She’s not all that excited about it all.

photo 2-7

Waiting for them to finish their rides.

DSC_5718

Discovering ants.

DSC_5719

photo 1-8

Does he get to ride????

photo 3-5

photo 4-5

photo 3-6

I love him!

photo 5-3

DSC_5723

DSC_5724

photo 1-9

There just isn’t anything that compares to a cousin.

photo 2-8

We hit this place up twice.

photo 4-6

After spending the day at SDC, we drove straight to the Dutton theater to watch my nephews in the show. I’m so proud of them. They have grown up so fast and are sweet and helpful boys. I miss them.

We spent our last Missouri day hanging out with my family at Rich’s parents house.

DSC_5766

DSC_5768

DSC_5770

DSC_5776

DSC_5777

DSC_5782

DSC_5783

DSC_5785

DSC_5786

DSC_5793 DSC_5796

Awkward pictures…

DSC_5794 DSC_5795

Popsicles!

(the little redhead is Amy’s friends daughter)

DSC_5800

DSC_5805

Saying goodbye.

DSC_5826

DSC_5840

DSC_5833

DSC_5837

DSC_5843

I love and miss them all so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed