September 20, 2014

Big Girl!

Time has escaped me the last couple of months. I keep saying I’m going to take Eva’s 1 year old pictures but have I? Nope! I’ll get to it, she might be 18 months old when I do but I will eventually get to it.

 

Eva has had a growth spurt and is progressing with meeting milestones and her feeds. Its awesome! She is mostly orally fed and only has g-tube feeds twice a day. Her favorite way to drink milk is with a straw and occasionally from a sippy. She completely skipped the bottle.

photo 3

photo 5

She has the cutest teeth I’ve ever seen! Her smile just kills me!

photo 3-1

photo 1-1

photo 2

photo 4

She recently had her first chocolate chip cookie and inhaled it!

photo 1

She was driving me crazy every time I tried to spoon feed her, she would take 2-3 bites and then be done. Last week I discovered that she LOVES sucking baby food from those squeeze pouches and it has changed my life! She will eat 2 of them a day and then fill up with biscuits, ritz crackers, puffs or cheese puffs. She has become quite the little eater and I’m in heaven.

 

Eva hangs with her sibs most of the day. Maya is the ultimate little mommy. She will take care of her while I shower, she gets her out of her crib, changes her diaper and carries her everywhere! I feel so blessed!

photo 1-2

My baby has SO MUCH personality! She can be so funny, snuggly and grouchy. She has become a handful at church.

photo 2-1

photo 3-2

photo 4-1

What she looks like in the morning and right after her naps.

photo 4-2

Sometimes she half-way crawls out of her pj’s.

photo 5-1

ADORES her daddy! She gets so excited every day when he comes home for lunch.

photo 2-2

Apparently, I need to move the cereal to a higher shelf…

DSC_6188

DSC_6190

She can be pretty crazy sometimes too. Rich was playing with the big kids and she started doing her psycho laugh.

Time goes by so quickly and I can’t believe that at this time last year I was going through another one of the hardest experiences of my life with my little newborn. She has been worth all 6 months of sleepless nights, shingles, meds and extra pounds. Rich and I have often talked about how difficult of a decision it was for us to have a fourth and how we didn’t foresee the unique challenges that came with her but how incomplete our lives would have been without her sweet personality. She has made every single member of our family a better person and has given me more reasons to love each one of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed