May 5, 2015

Japan it is!

As I mentioned in a previous post, we were waiting on news about Yokota. The guy that was supposed to go was appealing his medical clearance denial which left us in limbo. We were supposed to find out in a week if he was going or if we were going. A week later we had no news. About 9 days in to our wait Rich got a call from the lady that makes the assignments. She told him that she hadn’t heard anything about Yokota yet but something new and certain opened up. She gave him the option of waiting to find out about Yokota with the possibility of it not working out in our favor or he could take this new assignment that was a sure thing. He decided to take the guaranteed assignment and just like that we are moving to

OKINAWA JAPAN!!!!

Do I seem excited? Oh my gosh, we are all so excited! Now I’m going to embarrass myself and admit that I had no idea where Okinawa is. Can you blame me though? Do you see Okinawa anywhere on this bright beautiful image of Japan?

It’s so easy to miss because it’s the tiny little island that has been added to the lower right-hand corner. We will not be living on mainland Japan, we will be living on a tiny 70 mile long 7 mile wide island in the middle of the ocean! Had I known anything about Okinawa it would have been my dream place! The weather is similar to Florida and you are practically surrounded by some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I still can’t believe that this is tentatively going to be our home for the next 3 years in just 3 months! Nothing is ever 100% until you have orders in hand so Rich is stressing out about every little thing and not letting himself believe we are going to Okinawa while I’m already clearing out clutter and researching the places that are going to be my new favorite places to shop! The kids are SO EXCITED and have told all of their friends and classmates. Aidan wants to learn Japanese and has asked Rich to print out a paper that teaches Japanese characters. What is this crazy life we are living where we are blessed with so many great experiences? From Florida to Utah to Japan…I love His plan much better than anything I’ve ever imagined for my family.

1 comments:

Kulia said...

I had to come on here to make sure that my email has been added to the list. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see you in Okinawa sometime during the next 3 years!!!! I love you so much and am so thankful for your awesome example. :)

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed