May 17, 2015

Mother’s Day

This Mother’s Day was a tear jerker! Of course there were several factors to my emotional imbalance but still(shaking my head).

Rich has always been the best gift giver. He never forgets and never disappoints. This year he upgraded my favorite necklace from this…

image

to this…

I love it so much! He showed me the one that had the mom and the dad and it looked like a two headed person so I’m glad he got me this oneSmile

Our attempt at a Mother’s Day picture.

image

So, back to my uncontrollable emotions. This Sunday was my favorite Sunday in Primary since I was called even though I had every reason for it to be the worst. Saturday night Rich and I went on our last date for a while. Since Eva got her trach out our nursing has been cut off and Saturday night was our last night with a nurse. Anyway, so like I normally do on our date nights after we get home I stay up and talk to my friend/nurse Erica, until midnight when her shift ends. I was finally crawling into bed at around 12:15am and I started to think about Primary the next morning. Oh. My. Gosh. I am in charge of sharing time!!!!! Shoot! The crazy busy week completely got away from me and I forgot to plan sharing time! I stayed up planning until 2:30am. Needless to say I was beyond exhausted the next morning. Of course, church starts at 9am and Rich and I were asked to say the opening/closing prayer so getting there at our usual arrival time was not an option(hehe).

Sacrament meeting was great. A family that had lost their mother a few years ago, spoke. It was very touching. Off to Primary where I was conducting and was just a flustered mess. Jr. Primary went well and they really responded to my lesson on repentance. I was so happy that I had stayed up preparing because I could feel that they were getting it and feeling the spirit testify to them. Next, was Sr. Primary. I love seeing my kids in Primary! I never thought I would be able to say that because being called to Primary always seemed like my worst nightmare. It really has been such a huge blessing to me.

So, Sr. Primary comes in and I can see that Aidan is grumpy. This group, which is usually really well behaved, were so hyper and difficult to maintain order, much less reverence. Singing time was pure chaos. Bro. Allen is the singing time leader and he was trying everything to get them to calm down. I don’t know how this was possible but even amidst the craziness I had a special moment while the kids were singing “My Heavenly Father loves me”. That song is special to me because it has always been my NICU song for my kids. It’s the song I would sing or hum to them when I had to sit by their incubator just stroking their hair and during the 10-12 hour days of sitting and rocking them while they were attached to wires and tubes. I hated needing to use the bathroom, eat, pump or go home. I hated anything that took me away from them. So, there I was, sitting in Primary, staring at my first born almost 8 years later. The first one that I ever sang that song to. Watching him with his grumpy little face mumbling the very song I sang to him when he was a newborn. Holy smokes, the sleep deprivation coupled with that moment made the tears flow! In that very moment I felt the power of the incredible gift I was given. That was my Mother’s Day moment. It was so special.

Then, I made a fool of myself. After struggling through singing time, Bro. Allen asked the kids to sing “I know that my Savior loves me” and to do so with reverence. That song is new to me and the words are beautiful. The kids were so reverent and the spirit was there. After the song was over Bro. Allen bore his testimony and I just started bawling…then it was sharing time. Great. I saw the Primary door crack open but I couldn’t tell who was peaking in as I was blubbering a double testimony of the things Bro. Allen had just said. Poor kids were probably wondering what the heck was up with Sis. Baker, haha! After church, Rich told me he saw me crying. Ugh, awesome. So anyways, that was my emotionally charged, sleep deprived Mother’s Day! I went home and slept. The end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed