October 14, 2015

Minna Island

We went to Minna Island about a month ago or maybe it was more like 2 months, I’m not sure. I’m a bit behind but Minna Island had such a beautiful beach and it was a great time so it’s a *must blog*. Once again, we did this through the base travel organization and loved how easy they make it. We caught a bus on base that took our group to the ferry and then we took a short ferry ride to the island. While waiting for the ferry, Arabella saw a little girl standing outside holding a beach ball. She can’t help but make friends everywhere she goes so she walked right up to the girl and asked if she would play with her. The girl didn’t speak ANY english but I guess she figured out what Arabella was asking her…

image

Eventually, all of our kids joined in the game of hitting the beach ball to each other and they played until the ferry came.

Once we got to the island, we set up camp and enjoyed the day!

IMG_0496

This beach was so perfect for little kids. The snorkeling sights were nonexistent but it was a fun place to just enjoy the beach.

image

IMG_0482 

Minna Island Video

The kids became quick friends with the family that was set up next to us.

IMG_0484

Quick, crazy story about them…I was talking to the mom, Jandy, and she was telling me how they were about to sign for an off base house because housing told them that there weren’t any available on base homes. I was annoyed but not surprised that they would tell her that because they were horrible to work with and seemed to be so disorganized. I told her that there were several open houses in our building so, as I would later find out, they told housing what I had told them about available homes on Chibana and now they are our neighbors! I was so happy because I really liked her and our kids got along so well.

IMG_0491

image

Minna Island was a really fun experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed