October 27, 2015

So, our stuff came/Playing catch-up

Yup, that’s about all I want to say about that. The long awaited day marked the beginning of a round of sickness in our home that would last almost 3 weeks! We were so excited for our stuff to get here and after the first day of unpacking I was useless. So, our boxes and boxes of stuff sat mostly untouched until I was well enough to get on it.

IMG_0527

IMG_0530

It’s been a good couple of months and we are almost completely settled. There are still a few things that need to be hung and organized in the bedrooms. Here’s a tour of the living room/kids area/dining room.

Okinawa House Tour!

I feel like most of my posts titles are “Catching up” haha! I guess I’m not one to blog unless I feel like my life is stable and you can guess how often that is. Well, life is finally “stable” and I’m starting to have free time with Aidan, Maya and Arabella in school all day. So weird! Anyway, catching up…here comes a whole lot of random goodness!

AIDAN

He’s just awesome! He’s doing so much better now that our house is more settled. He isn’t having as many ticks and his behavior has drastically improved. He is loving school and his teacher. He always gets 100% on his spelling tests and he has become such a bookworm! He finished reading all of his Magic Treehouse books and Rich bought him the first 3 books of a different series called Sideways Stories Of Wayside School and I am always finding him in his room reading.

IMG_0768

He is so curious and interested in learning new things. He loves to study Japanese and learn new words. After every episode of Wild Kratts, he has a million questions and wants to know more and more about whatever animal was the subject. I’m just really enjoying this sponge stage he is in! A couple of weeks ago he cracked me up with his version of “Cups”.

Aidan's version of "Cups"

When I told him that it didn’t go quite like that, he determined to learn it the right way. He practiced for half an hour with a youtube tutorial.

IMG_0675

All of our kids love to draw. They spend a lot of time and go through lots of paper drawing, every single day. Here are a few of Aidan’s most recent creations. He’s really into labeling, lately.

 

MAYA

Oh Maya…she is my sensitive one. She takes after me in so many ways. My girl has been extremely sensitive lately and just needs to be spoken to with an abundance of love or she WILL cry. If she thinks she did something wrong, she will cry. If you look or talk to her with an ounce of annoyance or frustration, she will cry. Sigh. I love how kind and thoughtful her sensitivity makes her though. I’m always finding little love notes from her.

IMG_0739

She has a very artistic mind! She spent forever on her homework doing this.

IMG_0579

IMG_0580

She creates the most unique and interesting stories with her drawings. There are so many great ones that I’ve tucked away, these are just the ones I have hanging on the fridge right now.

IMG_0771

IMG_0623

IMG_0775

She begged to go to Zumba with me one night so I took her! Best class ever. She was so cute dancing and didn’t stop once during the whole hour!

IMG_0662

ARABELLA

The main thing that I can say I’ve learned about Arabella in the last couple of months is that she was made for school and school was made for her! She LOVES it! Rich and I were admittedly worried about her because she has such a strong will but she couldn’t possible be doing any better. She’s never been happier and I just love to see her excitement when she gets off of the school bus every day.

Arabella is also a little artist and in every single drawing there is a unicorn.

IMG_0598-1

Her unicorn’s heads have progressively gotten smaller and their bodies bigger, haha! She has also begun to include our names on all of her drawings.

 

She is still the friendliest kid you will ever meet who makes friends everywhere she goes. She has a definite opinion when it comes to what she wears and always has. She will not wear certain shirts if they are not “cute” enough and she adds a tutu to every single outfit. This is her most favorite outfit, recently. Also, that is the ocean in the back.

image

Maya just told me the other day that she likes more of a “boy style”. She was basically trying to nicely tell me to stop buying her pink and girly clothes because she prefers an athletic look. So fun to me to see how they are discovering themselves.

EVA

IMG_0665

Oh boy, where to begin with this girl. She is her own person, for sure! She LOVES LOVES LOVES purses and shoes. Yes, at the tender age of 2 she is already obsessed with cute shoes and purses! This is a picture outside of Daiso where she found a purse she HAD to have! I tried to put it away but she refused to let go.

IMG_0714

She is extremely independent. We went for a walk as a family and she refused to hold my hand even after falling twice.

IMG_0727

Also, My Little Pony, is her favorite! She takes a pony everywhere we go. It can begin to be a bit much with all of the things she wants to take with her every time we leave the house…purse, pony, blanky…she’s a fancy girl!

IMG_0794IMG_0778

I still have so much to update and there is much more to come if I could just get myself back into the habit of blogging. We are in love with this beautiful island and it’s people and haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of all there is to see and do here. We are excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed