March 26, 2009

We Are Done!!

I'm just posting this picture because I think he is one of the two cutest things in the world and this post is all about him and his FINAL SURGERY!! I can hardly believe it but it looks like we may be done!! I don't have any pictures because my camera battery was MIA but 2 weeks ago Aidan had his last surgery. We thought that the trach removal was the last one but the stoma didn't heal properly so there was still air and some fluids leaking from the trach hole (stoma). We had to schedule another surgery for April 20th but they had something open up on March 16. We were so excited! The surgery went well but it was a little more than we expected. He originaly just had a small hole but in order to close everything up from the inside out they had to make an incision about 1 1/2 inches long across his neck. My heart ached when I saw it. What they had to do is go in and stitch up his actual trachea. Then they pulled muscle over it and stitched that and then they stitched his skin. He seemed like he was recovering really well until about 3 days after the surgery, it got really red and swollen. He had a hard ball underneath the incision so I called his doctor and he asked us to rush him over to his office. It was infected. Rich had to hold him while the doctor squeezed puss out of it. It absolutely broke my heart to see him in so much pain. Then the doctor took sterile scissors and cut it open a little to let it drain. Along with a lot of the things I watched him go through in the NICU this was one of the most difficult things to watch. My baby boy is my hero. He is so strong and overcomes everything that he is faced with. His neck seems to be healing nicely. We are happy to hopefully be done watching Aidan go through so much. So blessed to have him.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

wow. i was tensing up after just reading about the in office thing. i can't imagine all that he (and y'all) have gone through. glad its done.

Lacey said...

What a tough guy (and mama too :). I can't wait to see him in action as a missionary! We're glad it looks all done.

Heather said...

Jess, I can't believe what you have to go through! Your little family is so strong and God is preparing you for great things, girl! Love you

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed