July 17, 2010

Arabella 7 months

I'm ashamed to admit that I've slacked with keeping up with Arabella's progress on my blog:( My excuse? Life! So here's an update on my Beautiful Bella.

She is sooooo very loved! She has the sweetest demeanor and is social and loving to everybody. That's one thing that I love about her. Anybody can hold her and she doesn't cry if she's not familiar with them.
This is Arabella with Aunt Yesenia. No, you still can't have her Sen ;)
Things she's doing:
*Rolling all over the place. Has been for the past couple months.
*Eating lots of yummy baby food. Her favorite is squash.
*She's a thumb sucker!
*Loves to play with toys.
*She loves her big brother & sister. She watches them play and smiles when they run by.
*Sleeping through the night since she was about 4 months old. Gosh I'm behind!
*She is just starting to scoot.

Arabella with her Aunt Rebecca
Medical Status:
She is doing AWESOME! We just had an appointment with the ENT where he looked at her vocal cords and great news...there is a slight flicker in her right vocal cord!! I was soooo excited! He prescribed a passy muir valve for her. This is a special valve that will go over her trach and allow her to make regular sounds. We are really looking forward to that in the next week or two.

Arabella with Aunt Beth
My baby girl is so smart. She has figured out how to make lots of noise despite the trach. Aidan was able to make a little bit of noise but never quite like Arabella. She tenses up her throat and squeeeeeeeek. Since discovering that she can make noise she has gotten a bit of an attitude. She's a little more demanding of my attention. I love this little girl so much. She is a gift that we don't take for granted, ever. We know how lucky we are to have her and treasure her every day.

Grandma Josie & baby Bella
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Marianne said...

We are soooo happy to hear the good news about the baby. We loved hearing Arabella making all that noise! It was so, so much like a baby!!We loved our visit and look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed