July 18, 2010

Perez Fix

Tonight was such a great night. I got a little visit from my great friend Sister Perez. I had the special privilege of serving with her on Temple Square. We were never actually companions but we were close friends throughout our mission. She is such an amazing person and it was awesome to get to hang out with her again after 5 years.
It didn't take long for us to start right where we left off. I think that is a sign of a really great friend.

Gotta do the classic Temple Square point:)
"Ok, enough with the point already." Not really what was going on but thought it was funny.

Pictures turned out a little grainy but what can you do? We both have braces but she has the really cool ones that are clear. Jealous. We had a special time together tonight reminiscing. Talking about the good times, the hard times and how our mission changed us. We talked about companions and experiences. It brought back feelings that I really needed to feel at this time in my life.


Crazy story...So, I served with Martha (Sister Perez) on Temple Square. She introduced me to her brother and mom when they came by for a visit just before her brother started his mission in the Boise, Idaho Mission. 4 months into my Temple Square mission I got another mission call to serve, guess where? Boise, Idaho! So I not only served with Martha but I also served with her brother. That's not the end of the story! 4 years after my mission Rich and I moved out here to Davie, Florida. One day I'm sitting in sunday school at church and there is a lady sitting next to me that looks soooo familiar! It took me a second to figure out where I had seen her...Martha's mom!!!!!! What? Yeah! It's true! She lives just a few miles from me. This is how I got a sweet little visit from my good friend. She came out to see her mom. The world can be such a small place.
This was supposed to be a silly picture but I think I'm the only one that took it seriously.
3 of us together. Cute braces!

I love you Hermanita! Gracias por la visita. Dices que yo he sido una bendicion en tu vida pero en realidad tu lo has sido para mi. Eres un ejemplo de lo que yo quiero llegar a ser. Te quiero mucho y te deseo todo lo mas bonito.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I think you two could be sisters! What a coincidence to all have braces, too! I loved the story of how you hooked up with this friend. Glad you were in FL to make the connection!

America said...

Jessica you are hilarious! I was looking at the last 3 posts, and got such a kick out of your photos...they look like good times! Your tortillas totally look like mine! We should get together and practice sometime. :) I think those pictures of Maya with her mouth full are so cute...that is what Lili does...stuff her face! We should hang out again soon...

Keesha n David Brown said...

I LOVE mission memories! Even the memories I have as a member missionary going on exchanges with the Spanish sisters in Nyssa. Miss you!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed