January 10, 2012

Vacation Is Not Vacation Without…

Vacation is not vacation without #1- A vomiting kid and/or #2- An ER visit. We are definitely on vacation! We’ve had 3 puking kids and 1 ER visit. Yeah, it’s been a bit rough. Aidan was the 1st to get sick a couple days before Christmas, but only threw up once. Then, the day after Christmas we went out to lunch in Springfield with Rich’s parents. We were so excited to have some delish Chinese food at Mr. Yen’s until the vomit made it’s grand entrance right on the table. Poor Maya was suddenly not feeling so hot. She didn’t eat a bit and vomited twice during our lunch…then twice more during the drive home. I have to say, she is THE BEST sick kid EVER! She would warn me every time she had to throw up by saying, “It’s coming again” in the sweetest, cutest little voice. Then, she would throw up right in the bowl, wipe away the tears that were forced out and just sit back and quietly wait for it to come again. Such a sweetheart.

DSC_3773

DSC_3769

Then, it was Arabella’s turn.

DSC_3775

She joined the puking fun when we got home from the restaurant. We spent the night with 2 sick girls, 2 bowls and Mama Mia on the TV. I don’t think anybody will ever be able to watch that movie without flashing back to that night.

DSC_3777

Now for the ER visit. This one is still fresh in my mind because it happened just 2 days ago. Maya found a cat, or the cat found Maya, I’m not too sure which it was but these two were inseparable for a couple of days until...it happened:( I was watching Maya through the back window and something inside of me was telling me to tell her to get back on the porch where she was supposed to stay to play with the cat. She had followed the cat down to a big root pile from a tree that had been uprooted. It stands about 4 feet tall and the cat and climbed to the top of it. Maya was walking toward the pile and within 30 seconds of watching her walk down there she tripped and fell face first into the pile. One of the sticks cut her straight up and down right between her eye brows. I pretty much freaked out at the sight of blood running down her face. Rich and I rushed her to the ER, as much as you can rush to a hospital that is 45 minutes away. Thankfully she was calmed by a sucker given to her by Grandpa.

She was surprisingly happy after the initial pain of getting cut so deep wore off. This picture is right before the stitches.

photo-1

Happy girl, fake happy momma. I felt like my heart had been ripped right out of my chest, seeing my baby girl hurt:( Seriously made me ache.

photo

I think the stitches were the most traumatic part of the whole thing for her. I was SO PROUD of her! She was so strong when the doctor was giving her the lidocaine shots. I’m talking like 8-10 shots in and around the wound! And guess who didn’t cry a single tear? That’s right! MY GIRL! The doctor and the nurse were so impressed with her. They just could not BELIEVE that she was so strong and such a good girl. Then it happened. The doctor pulled out the stitching needle and the second he stuck it in her forehead she started screaming the most excruciatingly painful scream. She could feel it! The doctor immediately pulled it out and started giving her tons of shots of lidocaine over and over again and I swear it had ZERO effect on her because from then on out she had this look of extreme pain on her face and was screaming bloody murder. It just tore me up.  They had wrapped her in a sheet with her arms pinned down and Rich held her legs down while a nurse held her head still and I was right in front of her face ready to kiss and comfort her throughout the ordeal. Thankfully the 5 stitches didn’t take too long and I was able to hug and comfort her. This picture is after the stitches.

photo-2

That night when I put her to bed I lied down with her to snuggle for a bit after such a rough time and she was so shaken up. She would be just fine one second and then she would start whimpering and crying. When I asked her why she was crying she told me the story of how she got hurt. She did this a couple of times. She was so emotional. She slept well that night and the next day she was her old self again. No signs of emotional trauma.

She’s doing awesome and we are hoping that there will be very little scarring. Aidan was so cute. He was so concerned with what happened to his little sister. He was actually heading inside to get help when I ran out to get her. I heard him tell her, “I’ll got get help, ok.” As much as he fights with and pesters his little sisters, I know he is going to be a great big brother to them.

So, there you have it. Believe it or not, much fun has been had between all of this craziness. Life is fun, crazy, scary and just a wild rollercoaster of emotions. Isn’t it good:D

1 comments:

Keesha n David Brown said...

Ouch! How scary! We had two scary incidents with Dawson before he even reached a year old. The first was while I was visiting teaching. The kids were playing and the lady's 3 year old didn't want the little babies in her room so she closed the door. Well, Dawson's pinky finger got closed in the door (the hinge side of the door). He was screaming. He had recently started doing that for fun, so I thought he was just being silly again. Nope, blood everywhere! The tip of his pinky was dangling. Had to go to the ER and get it sewn back on. Then not even a month later he fell down my brother-in-law's unfinished stairs and split his head open right above his eye. I was freaked again, because I saw all of this blood IN his eye and started thinking the worst. TERRIBLE scary feelings! Luckily he didn't even need stitches for that one...just some of that super glue stuff they use nowadays. Being a mom sure is scary sometimes!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed