January 25, 2012

Tortillas And A Feast

So, I grew up on homemade flour tortillas. I love them. I am so jealous that my nephews that live next door to my mom are also getting to grow up enjoying and loving my mom’s tortillas while my kids…well, don’t. How can I solve this dilemma? Make them myself! So finally, after years of watching and helping my mom make them, I made my very 1st batch all by myself!!! Where they good, you ask? Well, the kids ate them!

image

The funny thing about this is that it took my strong desire for my kids to grow up on the divinity that I did, to finally make them.

During our most recent visit to Missouri my mom cooked up a storm. My kids LOVED her flour tortillas. My sister and I got busy trying to show each other up on who was a better helper.

DSC_4547

DSC_4549

DSC_4552

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4553

The hardest part is rolling them out. My mom’s always come out perfectly round. Mine are all sorts of different shapes:D I’ll keep practicing as long as my kids keep eating them!

A couple of days before we left Missouri my mom cooked a feast for some special guests…Rich’s parents! Dad loves Mexican food and my mom cooks THE BEST Mexican food so we had to treat them to some scrumptious dishes.

DSC_4516

DSC_4520

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We had posole which is a soup made with red chili peppers, hominy and pork rib. After you dish it up you add shaved cabbage and fresh squeezed lime juice and voila! A delicious and very popular Mexican dish. We also had one of my favorite meals, pork in red pepper sauce served with Mexican rice and refried beans, then eaten with a flour tortilla, no fork, just the tortilla. YUM!

DSC_4527

DSC_4523

DSC_4528

It was an awesome night with my favorite people and my favorite food.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Let me know next time you're home. I might drive up to Missouri just to eat yummy food at your house. Your mom totally won't mind a stranger showing up, right??

Amy said...

Please invite us over next time you make them, Ok? ok!!!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed