January 1, 2012

Thoughts~2011

This is such an old person thing to say but it seriously seems like the older I get, the faster the years go by. I’m so thankful for my blog or else I might not believe that the year has passed and that we actually did something!

I just wanted to write down a few things that come to mind when I think of this past year. If I had to use one word to describe this year it would have to be

NORMAL

That is a BIG deal for my little family. The previous 3 years have been quite the ride and anything but normal. 2011 was a year to experience what normal life should be like. It was filled with normal trials and not such devastating and difficult ones. This past year has given me time to take in the lessons that I’ve learned from our struggles and grow from them. I am grateful for the peace that I’ve been able to feel. I’m grateful to have reached the light at the end of the tunnel…for now.

MY TOP 11 IN 2011

These are in no particular order because I don’t want to think hard enough to rank them. Actually, I will say that the single most important events this year will be my first 2.

11) ARABELLA'S DECANULATION: This was an amazing and life changing day. The day Arabella permanently pulled her trach out. Scary but by doing so she saved herself from at least 2 anesthesia experiences.

10) ARABELLA'S LAST SURGERY: The last of many surgeries was such a relief. Closing up the stoma left behind by the trach was closed up and that is when it really felt like we were done with the whole trach thing.

9) RICH'S 1ST HALF MARATHON: It’s no secret how proud I am of Rich and all of the goals that he has set and accomplished. He is such an example of hard work and determination. I was so proud of him when he became a Half Ironman last year and this year when he completed his 1st Half Marathon! He is currently training for his 1st Marathon in just a couple of months:)

8) AIDAN STARTS SCHOOL: I don’t think I had any idea how life changing it would be to only have 2 kids at home. 2 healthy kids at that! Let’s just say that this has changed my life and Aidan’s life drastically. He is doing so well and loving school so much and I am enjoying my 3 hours a day with my girls. We go shopping, to the gym, to the park and pretty much any where else we want to go. Going out with 3 kids…HARD. Going out with 2 kids…bring it!

7) ZUMBA: This year I discovered my love for Zumba! I LOOOOOVE ZUMBA! I have always loved dancing and so it only makes sense that I would fall in love with dancing as exercise. I am so passionate about it that I want to get certified to teach. I’m not claiming to be an amazing dancer but I love it, so why not? Also, I do Zumba with my BFF, Lucy. Can life get any better? I think not.

6) BAKER'S NEW HOUSE: My in-laws house burned down this year. Along with the passing of Great Granddad McKinley and Great Grandma Daisy, the loss of their home and all their belongings made for a very difficult year. The good news is that their home has been rebuilt and it is better than ever! They are so happy in their new home!

5) PHOTOGRAPHY: I love it! This year I have grown by leaps and bounds with my photography. Of course, I’m no pro but I do love it and love learning and improving so that I can have great pics of my babies. I also have really enjoyed taking pics for friends. Pictures of our babies are so priceless and it makes me feel so good to be able to take pictures for them.

4) FINDING MYSELF: This year I suffered from depression. Now that was a tough one to overcome. Actually, I haven’t really overcome it but I am treating it. I’m so happy not to be struggling with it any more. I’m grateful to be able to focus on and enjoy my kids again.

3) AIDAN’S LOVE FOR MUSIC: My boy has become so musical and it is so cute! He is always humming, singing or drumming. It is so fun to watch my kids grow and develop their gifts and talents.

2) AIDAN & MAYA POTTY TRAINED: We have gone from having 3 in diapers to 1 in diapers. I’m lovin’ that for sure! Aidan took forever to potty train but finally figured it out. Maya, on the other hand, potty trained herself completely. I didn’t have to lift a finger and she slept through the night, no problem. Hallelujah!

1) CRUISE: What a time we had. It was a much needed escape from life with the love of my life. We had so much fun and have been dreaming and planning our next escape since.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed