November 13, 2011

13.1 Go Rich!!!

Rich is so awesome! Today he ran in his 2nd Half Marathon.
DSC_1819
That makes:
2 Half Marathons
2 Sprint Triathlons the 1st of which can be found HERE.
He inspires me to strive to be fit…I said inspires, doesn’t mean I actually am fit;) He headed out the door at 4:30am to be ready to run at 6am! I got up at 6:00 and got the kids ready to go so that we could cheer him on at the finish line. The kids, especially Aidan, had such a fun time sitting by the finish line clapping and cheering for all of the incoming runners.
DSC_1800
Maybe someday my kids will actually look at the camera when I take a picture.
DSC_1806
So awesome!
DSC_1809DSC_1812
First guy and girl to cross the finish line!
Here’s a video of Rich coming in for the last stretch. Sorry it’s all shaky. I was trying to wave to get his attention because I had seen him looking around for us. It obviously didn’t work:( But here’s a video of Rich finishing up his 13.1 mile non-stop run!
DSC_1822
Rich made a friend during his run. Chris is here on vacation from Australia. He saw that there was a run and decided to go ahead and do it! They ran together off and on throughout the race.
We let the kids play for a bit before heading home to crash on the couch.
DSC_1824
DSC_1828
DSC_1839
Rich ran at a 7.23 per mile pace. Way to go honey! We are so proud of you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed