November 15, 2010

My Man is a Half Ironman!

Oh heck yeah! Rich completed his very 1st Half Ironman yesterday! There is just no stopping this guy! He has found his passion and he is just tearin’ it up out there! I am blown away at how quickly he has progressed from doing Sprint triathlons to Olympic triathlons and now a HALF IRONMAN!!! Can you tell I am so incredibly proud of him? A Half Ironman consists of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike & a 13.1 mile run. He’s amazing!

This is one race I could not miss. I haven’t been able to be there for any of his events because I just couldn’t bring myself to get all 3 kids up at 4:30am to go with him and take care of 3 grouchy kids for hours. I REALLY wanted to be there for this one and we were lucky enough that our awesome friend, Josh Sparks, wanted to go support Rich. Josh drove Rich to Miami at the butt-crack of dawn and I met up with Josh later.

P1040003

(The day before the triathlon. Picking up packet & dropping off bike)

P1040007

(Got his number put on)

The event was at the Miami Metro Zoo. I thought I would be able to take the kids around to see all the animals but we were too busy running from place to place just trying to catch a glimpse of Rich.

P1040039 P1040040

(Mile 4 of his 13.1 mile run. Still smiling!)

He was a little behind schedule from what we had anticipated. Not because of him but because of his bike. He got a flat! It was one of his biggest fears. Turns out somebody threw thumb tacks on the road and he landed two of those lovely tacks:( He didn’t let it stop him though…

P1040059 P1040058

Here he comes! Approaching the finish line!

P1040061

So close to that red carpet finish!

YOU DID IT!!!

P1040068

(recovering)

P1040083

I survived the day with all 3 kids. That is a Half Ironman of itself!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't even imagine running for an hour, but 6!!! That just blows me away!

America said...

Wow! That's hardcore! Way to go Rich! Way to go Jess for handling all 3 kids by yourself too...that would be rough!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed