November 19, 2010

Out of commission & potty training

(pictures will be coming soon)

Potty training is going quite well. He’s still not perfect at it but he is doing so much better than I had expected. Not that I doubted my little man…I did, however, doubt myself. We’ve been consistent!

We decided that after he was completely potty trained we were going to reward him with some toy trains and a super cool train table! Not one of those BIG train tables that take up half of your house. This one is smaller and has the track built into the table AND (my favorite part) it turns into a table! After they are done playing you just put the table top on it and it’s a regular little table where they can color, play with play dough or whatever! Can you tell I’m excited about it? Ok, so Rich and I were both so excited about it that we couldn’t wait until he was potty trained. That’s right, we caved. We set it out right when we got home. Aidan and Maya both LOVE IT! So, that is my potty training story. He’s doing great.

Now, lets talk about me. I’m not doin’ so hot. 3 days ago I went for a walk with the kiddos and my good friend, America. We had a good ol’ time. We walked to Publix, got a cookie and picked up a few things for dinner. We walked back to my place and BAM! Down I went. Right in front of my place the sidewalk is uneven by about 2”. I stepped right on the edge and boy did it hurt! I heard a pop and felt all kinds of tearing going on.

Later that night, my friend, who is an Orthopedic surgeon, came over and looked at my foot. He suggested that I go to the ER. I did, and came home with a splint and crutches and orders to stay off of my foot. Luckily, I have the most amazing friends in the whole world! My friend, Elise, drove me to the ER so that Rich could stay home with the sleeping kiddies. My friend, Lori, spent the entire next day at my house taking care of me and the babes. Last but not least, my friend America brought us dinner and then spent the second day with me. Am I not the luckiest girl ever? I have the coolest friends. So here I sit. Waiting for my ankle to heal and hoping it heals before Disney next week! If it doesn’t, you’ll be hearing “beep beep beep” when I back up on my scooter rental. HAHAHA!

1 comments:

Jenessa said...

So sorry about your foot...been there/done that/ not fun! Hope it heals soon for you! Let me know if you need anything...

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed