August 29, 2011

Aidan’s 1st day of school & other happenings…

image image
Today was the big day! The big day that I’ve thought about and had such mixed feelings about for quite some time, and guess what, it was awesome! Aidan has done nothing but ask if he could, “go to school to get an education” for the past year. Then finally the big day comes and he’s not so sure if he wants to do it after all. He went and he LOVED it! I, honestly, loved it too.
image
(night before school preparations)
It was so very nice to be able to spend some time with just the girls, doing girly things. After I did a little bit of cleaning I painted the girls toe nails for the 1st time! It was so cute to see how excited Maya was about the sparkles on her toes and then asked for sparkles on her fingers:D Arabella wasn’t too wild about it because she didn’t like the sitting still part, it was fun though.
image image
(I love those cute little fingers and toes!)
When it was time to pick Aidan up from school the drama began. Aidan was so excited to tell me that he went to school and got an education but as it turned out, Maya also wanted an education! She did not want to leave! I had to chase that girl all over the school. Around the playground equipment and through the sand. It was quite the ordeal with me chasing Maya and Aidan & Arabella chasing me. I was not too happy with her when I finally caught her. Tomorrow i’ll be sure not to let go of her hand.
Now for the “other happenings” part of this post. We discovered a very strange fear that Maya has. Yes, fearless Maya is not completely fearless after all. Her fear? Feathers. It is so out of character for her. This is the girl that will touch worms, lizards, jump off of or climb anything, squish spiders with her bare hand but put a feather in front of her and she freaks!
This is the part where you see what horrible parents we are, well mainly Rich. He has a sick obsession with scaring our kids which actually drives me crazy, like REALLY crazy. This video is a little long so you don’t have to watch the whole thing but you’ll get the gist at the beginning. Oh and one more little disclaimer…please excuse Aidan’s really bad haircut. It wasn’t me this time, it was a friend :)
Oh, I almost forgot to mention another 1st today with Aidan. Today Aidan called me Jessica. Ahem, excuse me my 4 year old son? I was quick to correct him. Yesterday he called his daddy, Rich. Don’t know what’s going on with him but suddenly he’s too cool to call us mom & dad. I don’t think I’m ready for this whole “growing up” thing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ryan and i laughed threw that entire video! Sorry adian and maya but that is hilarious! And Will went through that stage of calling me Amy, ryan was always dad but i was Amy. I got so use to it and forgot that other people thought it was weird and funny. He still does it every now and then but not as often. Oh well whatcha gonna do. I cant believe how big your kids are getting! Crazy!

Julianne said...

That was hilarious! Who would've thought?! I wonder if Carson has any strange fears...

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed