August 26, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Aidan!!!

I can hardly believe that I have a 4 year old. It doesn’t feel like it was yesterday but I remember his birth like it was yesterday. He is such a gift that I’m so very grateful for and have loved watching him grow. Aidan at 4 years old is such a big boy.
image
(reading to Maya before bed)
*He is very independent and wants to do everything by himself.
*He is a really big help when it’s time to clean.
*He always holds the door open for me. Such a gentleman.
*Finally 100% potty trained! That was like a year long process but he finally did it!
*Very friendly. He is always waving and saying hi to people.
*My baby boy will be starting school this week! He is so excited to go and “get an education like daddy.”
*Favorite toys: Sheriff Woody, Toy Story Memory cards, Clifford stuffed animal
*Favorite cartoons: Super Why, Jake & The Neverland Pirates, Clifford
*Best friends: Kirk, Ella, Lily, Maya, Arabella
*Favorite food: Cheerios with honey, oatmeal (for lunch), anything with rice and he LOVES apple juice.
image
Conversations that are had at least twice a day…EVERY DAY!
Aidan: Mom, what are you eating?
Me: Crackers, Aidan. (Or whatever it may be)
Aidan: Mmmmm mom I looove crackers!
Basically, his way of asking if he can have some:)
Conversation #2
Aidan: I like you.
Me: I love you, Aidan.
Aidan: You do?
Me: Yes, I do.
Aidan: Ok!
P1040942
(sharing his popsicle)
He is so funny! Maya has caught on to the things he says on a daily basis as well. When she woke up from her nap today Aidan said to her, “I like you, Maya!” and she said, “No! I LOVE you, Aidan!” Every day they make me laugh.
Every year on Aidan’s birthday my mind always takes me back to that day, 4 years ago, and the long journey that we had no idea we were just beginning. While I know that a birthday is a day of celebration it really, truly was ONE of the most traumatic days of my life. Don’t get me wrong, I am eternally grateful for that day and his birth. In my heart I feel like I also want to celebrate the day that he came home from the hospital…6 weeks after his birthday. I think we just might do that this year:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed