February 21, 2012

My Honey’s 1st Marathon!

I hate getting back blogged so I’m desperately trying to play catch-up with all of the important events. One of the most important is Rich’s Marathon!!
DSC_5158
He just ran it on Sunday and did such a great job! Now he can add one more run to his growing list of events.  I’m so proud of him! He has been training so hard and overcoming setbacks to run this marathon and HE DID IT!! I’m so annoyed with myself that I though I had hit record on my phone but apparently didn’t so I didn’t get him actually running:( The good news is that I was there, I got to see him AND I took pictures after:D
During the race, waiting for daddy.
imageimage
Sadly, this is the only picture of him actually running.
image
Poor guy was so exhausted by the end, this was the only pose I got. He pretty well collapsed after this one.
(Overexposed pic and I’m too lazy to fix it. Sorry.)
DSC_5139
He told me that the only thing that kept him going during the run was the idea of throwing himself into the ocean when he was done…he did just that.
DSC_5147
Meanwhile, the kids played.
DSC_5148
After his little soak in the ocean he slowly regained strength enough to give me a smile.
DSC_5157
DSC_5159
I have to mention that I’m ecstatic to get my husband back. It’s been a lot of sacrificing for him to train for this marathon.
Love him. He is AMAZING.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed