March 16, 2012

Vegan…ish

At the end of February Rich and I started a juice fast. Our meals consisted of ONLY freshly juiced fruits and veggies. Rich completed a full week. I only did 3 days. I’m so glad I did those 3 days because it completely changed the way I view food. Ever since then I have had no desire for meat. We were vegan for like 5 days and then decided we would “treat” ourselves to our favorite tacos at Alegria Tacos. The tacos were divine but I felt so sick on our way home. It sort of motivated us to keep doing the vegan thing. Then a few days later Rich really wanted to try a Mexican Restaurant he heard was yummy, so we went. So disappointing.

Where do we stand now? We have decided that we will call ourselves “Veganish” during this transition, because it truly is a transition. Making the switch cold turkey is too dang hard. It’s hard if you don’t know how to use vegan substitutes and how to make 3 vegan meals a day. We are definitely getting there and loving it! We have toyed around with being vegetarian/vegan before but this is the 1st time it has felt right.

Disclaimer!!!

I am in no way opposed to eating animals or animal products. I will undoubtedly enjoy my mommas delicious cooking, with a few minor adjustments, when I go home for a visit. But when we are at home our choices will be vegan:)

This is the website we’ve gotten most of our recipes from and almost all of them have been divine!

Oh She Glows

If you are at all interested, give it a go! You won’t be disappointed.

1 comments:

Meg Barry said...

The happy herbivore is a great cookbook that I use, and there are lots of resources online. It is amazing how much better you feel eating a plant based diet. It was a gradual process for me too, now my taste buds have changed and foods that I would never have eaten before are amazing!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed