March 30, 2012

The Easter Center

Today was our ward Easter Egg Hunt. Explanation for the title? I don’t know where he got the idea but Aidan kept calling the Easter egg hunt the Easter center. I don’t get it. There was no school for Aidan today so I wanted to make it a fun filled morning before the Easter egg hunt at 1:00. Woke up this morning to a house in complete shambles because I’ve been a wee bit out of commission…long, embarrassing story short, I sprained my ankle during Zumba on Tuesday. Who does that? Me! It’s the same ankle that I injured badly a little over a year ago but luckily this time there are no torn ligaments, just a sprain. Anyway, I’ve been trying to take care of it by resting and icing it so my house has suffered. Back to my story…the house was in shambles and I had so much to do to prepare for our fun day. I fed and bathed the kids, packed a lunch did the girls’ hair and made myself look presentable in a matter of a couple of hours. That’s a lot of work!!! By the time I got the kids loaded into the car I was completely frazzled. I was shaking from the frustration of the kids not making it easy on me but we were gonna have a good day darn it! We finally made it to the park where we had a little picnic (totally into picnics lately) and the kids played with a bunch of friends that showed up unexpectedly! It was totally worth the stress of the morning.
From the park we went to the Easter egg hunt at the church. It was a gorgeous day!
DSC_6330
DSC_6346
80% of the eggs were gone and Aidan still only had 1 egg in his basket. Once he realized all of the eggs were empty he was pretty annoyed. After I told him he got to keep the eggs he went wild hunting his little heart out for eggs:)
DSC_6341
“What the heck! This egg is empty!”
DSC_6354
Just double checking to make sure there are no hidden treasures.
DSC_6377
DSC_6386
Arabella was having a crazy hair day. I just can’t believe how LONG it has gotten!
DSC_6405 DSC_6403
DSC_6400
Finally, after they completed their hunt for eggs they did one final sit down to trade eggs.
DSC_6390
The day started out stressful but we ended up having a really great time. I love this time of year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed