November 28, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was a very adulty day for us. We have officially celebrated our 1st Thanksgiving as an individual family. We were going to celebrate with a family from the pharmacy but they were last minute invited to Grammy’s house. You just can’t say not to Grammy, it’s a rule. Since Rich won a turkey and we are a family, we decided we would go for it and make a feast! I’ll tell you what, it is a lot of work! It can also be a little frustrating when you cook all day and the kids pick through their food. Oh well, we enjoyed it and now we have a ton of leftovers.

DSC_0655

DSC_0657

DSC_0682

DSC_0684

DSC_0666

A few random pics from the day. I wish I would have taken more. During dinner we talked to the kids about what being thankful means and asked them what they are thankful for. Maya said she is thankful for church, the prophet and the bunnies. Aidan is thankful for games(I could have told you that), and Arabella first said she was thankful for Jesus and then she said she was thankful for Daddy. So sweet!

What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving? I find myself being ever more thankful for the health of my family. I realize what a blessing that is and how many people don’t have that. It’s so easy to say “Woe is me” and always find things that are hard to deal with in life, but there is that saying, You never know what you have until it’s gone. I can look back just a few years and remember how hard life seemed and now, looking back, I realize how extremely blessed we were and how those were some really great times. I hope that I can be mindful of the here and now and continue to see and appreciate all that Heavenly Father has blessed me with.

Now, that I have a little family of my own, I am so grateful for the plan of happiness. I’m grateful to know that I can be with my family for all eternity. I’m grateful for this knowledge which brings so much more joy and peace to my life. Come what may, we are an eternal family. What greater blessing is there?

1 comments:

Amy said...

Go you making Thanksgiving dinner...still have never done that. Looks yummy! Wish I would have though because I really missed Thanksgiving leftovers. And I agree eternal families are amazing!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed