November 18, 2012

Our Lives, Lately

I haven’t been doing a whole lot of picture taking this past week or so. Lame. Gotta get back with the program! There are a few pics that show a bit of what we’ve been up to, though.

We had another down pouring of snow last week. I like it when it snows. If it’s gonna be cold we might as well have snow for the kids to play in! The kids get so excited to play in it, especially Maya. The other day both Maya and Arabella wanted to go play in the snow so I bundled them both up. It took me a good 10-15 minutes. Maya ran out the back door and Arabella, well, she took one step outside and turned right back around. She’s not a big fan of the cold or the snow. She takes after he momma.

DSC_0593

Maya, on the other hand, was so ready to sled down that hill!

DSC_0595

Coming up from sledding.

DSC_0606

DSC_0607

She is such an outdoorsy girl. She had gone outside to feed the bunnies and came in saying “Mommy come see! I have to show you something!” I ran outside to see what she was so excited to show me and she plopped herself right down in the snow and proceeded to make a snow angel. I love who she is. Her personality is so unique to her and it makes me smile.

DSC_0611

In other news, Rich has not eaten in 2 weeks. He has been on a freshly juiced fruit and veggie fast. Not to lose weight because he doesn’t have an ounce to lose but he’s been doing it for his health. Almost 2 years ago he got sick and it never completely went away. Every morning he has a cough that is deep in his lungs and produces some not very pretty stuff. He’s been to 2 different pulmonologist that couldn’t figure out what it was. He’s been fighting it for such a long time and finally decided to do a juice fast to see if his body would heal itself. This is what our upstairs refrigerator looked like:

DSC_0617

Our downstairs refrigerator held about the same amount. He has noticed some improvement in his lungs but today decide that he had enough. Today, he broke his juice fast and indulged in steamed veggies. I’m so proud of him for lasting as long as he did. I honestly don’t know how he did it because I know I couldn’t even last 1 day. I’m glad he’s done and can now rejoin the family at the dinner table:D

Rich also ran the bases Turkey Trot and won!

DSC_0620

Friday night was our turn to babysit. The kids are best friends and love being together. We are so blessed to have found such great friends. We all made playdough together. Each kids got add one ingredient to the pot and help stir. They were so excited!

DSC_0621

DSC_0625 DSC_0626 DSC_0627

DSC_0634

That’s what we’ve been up to. Just every day life and it’s been good:D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed